Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > $15k Glock 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2916 Times on 1717 Posts

Default $15k Glock 22

Yeah that's right $15k.

forumrunner_20120405_213216.jpg   forumrunner_20120405_213333.jpg  

I don't need No stinking signature.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

For $15k that thing dam well better have a sweet pair of lips still rather have a dozen high end 1911s tho lol

Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5102 Times on 2652 Posts
Likes Given: 309

maybe 15 cents. covering a glock in solid gold actually reduces the value of the gold...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #4

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

That's funny, I never associated Glock with prestige and luxury. My dad has a Glock 21, it's a reliable gun and it shoots well but it's nothing I would put on display. (Nothing personal Glock owners )

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 04-06-2012, 03:41 PM   #5

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Dont get me wrong, i love my G31, but you could cover it in 24k gold and its still gonna be a glock. No matter what you do to it, its not gonna warrant a large price tag. A person has too much money lying around if they will pay 15k

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 04-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For 15k, it better have unlimited ammo that explodes in rainbows, be accurate for three miles, aim itself, and and have a time machine built in.

When they kick out your front door, how you gonna come. With your hands on your head or on the trigger of your gun?

Guns of Brixton- The Clash

Old 04-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #7

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Dont get me wrong, i love my G31, but you could cover it in 24k gold and its still gonna be a glock. No matter what you do to it, its not gonna warrant a large price tag. A person has too much money lying around if they will pay 15k
It's a bit like these average phones that have a bunch of diamonds on them that sell for thousands of dollars. Under the hood they're nothing more than their plastic counterpart.

Also Glock is not an American company so even if they put a bunch of patriotic American engravings on it, it's still not American Made. Even the (current production) special edition Colts don't go for that much (except for their gatling gun: http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/SpecialEditions/1877BulldogGatlingGun.aspx)

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

No way in hell would I pay that for a Glock. The high end stuff may be fine on a 1911, but a Glock is an utilitarian gun. It is not pretty, but it works great.
Doing that to a Glock would be like having intricate carvings cut into the stock of a Mosin Nagant, Jeweling the bolt, having the trigger coated in gold, having the barrel and magazine engraved, and replacing the brass/steel sling slots with gold ones. It may look, and be expensive, but it is till the same gun, and still shoots the same.
Actually, I'd like to see what that would look like on a Mosin. Any takers?

Old 04-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
Colts don't go for that much (except for their gatling gun: http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/SpecialEditions/1877BulldogGatlingGun.aspx)
Wow, 800 rounds of 45-70 per minute. I'd hate to pay that ammo bill.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
I am the Fanman
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 403 Times on 239 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
No way in hell would I pay that for a Glock. The high end stuff may be fine on a 1911, but a Glock is an utilitarian gun. It is not pretty, but it works great.
Doing that to a Glock would be like having intricate carvings cut into the stock of a Mosin Nagant, Jeweling the bolt, having the trigger coated in gold, having the barrel and magazine engraved, and replacing the brass/steel sling slots with gold ones. It may look, and be expensive, but it is till the same gun, and still shoots the same.
Actually, I'd like to see what that would look like on a Mosin. Any takers?
there you go ruining my dreams of a tricked out Mosin

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James