Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 12 Gauge Pump Shotgun vs .45 Semi auto handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

+10 , Cane & Axe, I enjoy these kinds of threads because though individual MMV, its good to see others plans and maybe adopt pieces from others plans to perfect your own. The biggest thing,, as mentioned is to have a plan and a contingency plan in place however unlikely.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #32

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I can't hide behind the bed, wish I could. I have too many innocents to protect from crazy. Crazy cut my phone line in this sim might need the move the cell phone recharging station upstairs. Now, if I can figure how a squirrel got my in attic. Squirrels, a 12 gage & me in the attic is mighty tempting sim; better leave that action to cartoonist. Honestly, If the wife is with me, I can possibly use phone insurance, alone I need to move quick to establish my position. New Castle law in NC, in my opinion, has given me precious seconds to worry less about attorneys and more about what I need to do to reach the spot where only crazy and the house could face injury.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19871 Times on 11287 Posts
Likes Given: 50093

Quote:
Originally Posted by G23LCPK45 View Post
I can't hide behind the bed, wish I could. I have too many innocents to protect from crazy. Crazy cut my phone line in this sim might need the move the cell phone recharging station upstairs. Now, if I can figure how a squirrel got my in attic. Squirrels, a 12 gage & me in the attic is mighty tempting sim; better leave that action to cartoonist. Honestly, If the wife is with me, I can possibly use phone insurance, alone I need to move quick to establish my position. New Castle law in NC, in my opinion, has given me precious seconds to worry less about attorneys and more about what I need to do to reach the spot where only crazy and the house could face injury.
i remember something my father told my brother and me when were teenagers, many, many years ago and way before there was any Castle Laws, it is far better to be judged by twelve, than to be carried by six. that bit of advice has stuck in my mind for almost forty years. in a situation that could possibly require me to take someones life in defence of my loved ones or myself, worrying about the legal issues is the furthest thought in my mind.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #34

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i remember something my father told my brother and me when were teenagers, many, many years ago and way before there was any Castle Laws, it is far better to be judged by twelve, than to be carried by six. that bit of advice has stuck in my mind for almost forty years. in a situation that could possibly require me to take someones life in defence of my loved ones or myself, worrying about the legal issues is the furthest thought in my mind.
Wise man Axxe; my grandfather once told me don't ever call for artillery when bayonets are readied.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #35

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
You first reach for the cell phone and dial 911!

You're all dead, except maybe Chris, "I am getting behind my bed with my shotgun facing the bedroom door." and he forgot (along with the rest of you) to call 911 and leave the phone connected.

Macho has nothing to do with it. I simply will fight to the death to

take a piss, in my own home, at 3AM. I'm not going to live forever,

but fearing ~~ ANYONE ~~ in your own home isn't living.

You're already dead.

Last edited by therewolf; 05-11-2012 at 12:00 PM.