Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 10mm pistol help for a friend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 10mm pistol help for a friend

My best friend of 20+ years died last november, and yesterday his wife contacted me that his guns was stolen. He never registered all his weapons and he had a 10mm pistol we can not find the make of it. He was a ex Marine he got out in the early 90s, he was in the reserves then got totally out after Desert Storm where he was posted till they sent everyone home.
Well thats a quick run down on him, now the question. While in the reserves he went to a local gun shop and ordered a 10mm matching the one he had in the corp. What types did the soldiers have in that time period? I am not sure if it was a Colt 1911, Spingfield Armory, or etc.

I am sorry for the rambeling and bad typeing, kinda stressed and concerned. While searching Internet I came across this site and thought I would seek help.

Thank you
Remy

I just want to add his pre ban Colt AR-15, M-1 Grand, Marlin 30-30, youth 20 Ga slug, and Moss 12 Ga but they did not touch the guns displayed in the gun case they had to walk by to find the hidden ones in the bedroom. Wierd

Last edited by remy; 02-03-2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: adding info

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not 100% sure but I think they used the beretta m9. But that's a 9mm. I'm sure there were different weapons used also. Sorry hope that helps. I'm sure someone will help u on here. Some good ppl on this forum. Sorry to hear bout your buddy.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #3

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Standard issue was the m9, but SF was and still is using the 1911.

OP, your friend probably had a 1911 chambered in 10mm. That seems most likely to me, if he were getting one that is similar to an issued gun.

I don't know how many makers made 1911s in that chambering, but I believe the Colt Delta Elite is likely to be the most common of that style and caliber.

Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #4

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

not too many 10mm manufacturers period I can only think of the colt delta elite , EAA , glock , S&W 1076 and 1006

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 02-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #5

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

I agree with the Colt Delta Elite. It was the baddest 10mm made.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2605 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 202

The Colt Delta Elite 10mm is the most likely. Report the guns stolen to LE. They can have ATF search the records for the shop and get the serial numbers. Not a difficult search. If the LEO's do not understand the concept, Shoot me a PM and I will discuss further.

As for the rest of you...This Glock vs everybody BS will stop. I will ban a fanboy or an anti. I don't care. This petty, childish BU!! SH!T has got to stop. You sound like a bunch of 4th graders arguing over the best superhero or Pokemon character. GROW THE EFF UP!!!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
The Colt Delta Elite 10mm is the most likely. Report the guns stolen to LE. They can have ATF search the records for the shop and get the serial numbers. Not a difficult search. If the LEO's do not understand the concept, Shoot me a PM and I will discuss further.

As for the rest of you...This Glock vs everybody BS will stop. I will ban a fanboy or an anti. I don't care. This petty, childish BU!! SH!T has got to stop. You sound like a bunch of 4th graders arguing over the best superhero or Pokemon character. GROW THE EFF UP!!!
Im wondering was that aimed at me? because I think I noticed a post on this thread thats been deleted ? You know what Im pretty sure you are referring to me . So Illl just say If you'd actually read my post you would have seen that I wrote that steel frame has some advantages and so do glocks since glock in the only polymer frame 10mm that being the case the attribute of bad ass would be better suited for the round as opposed to any particular gun 100% to the contrary of being a fanboy I was saying there really isnt any gun thats better than the other because they all have advantages just expressing my opinion that being said . If Im a fanboy 4th grader arguing over pokemon then my bad . I dont wanna disgrace FTF by my presence , sorry I was so dis respectful and when I make it to 5th grade ill try to grow up pal.

And also if your referring to the glock sux thread cause I saw that was closed THE WHOLE THREAD WAS A JOKE . the guy that started it even pm me tell me it was a joke and he notified a mod he was gonna start a ****storm so anything I said on that thread was a complete joke playing along with the whole troll thread that was intentionally started just for fun so no need to ban me ill voluntarily bow out See ya round everybody gh0zt out

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 02-07-2012 at 06:17 AM.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #8

Old 02-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #9

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

I didn't mean to start any crap by saying the Colt Delta Elite was the best ever made. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one. And that is just my opinion.
I still want to get a Smith & Wesson 1006.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8440 Times on 3662 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Folks- we have a new poster that was seeking to help a friend's widow identify a particular stolen gun. Side discussions about what is better, best, etc are immaterial to the question asked. As a courtesy to the poster, stay on track.

To the initial poster- as said, if the gun was purchased from a dealer, they are required to retain a record of the purchase for 20 years. If your friend's widow knows WHEN it was purchased (month and year) it will enable the dealer to locate that record of sale with a lot less effort.

The Colt Delta was one of the few 10mm handguns in that time frame- they were similar to the military 1911A1 .45. Made in stainless and in blue, but had that little red triangle marking (a delta) and looked like this-

colt-delta.jpg

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt