You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

10mm choices


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
sweeper22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,706
Liked 388 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I'm holding out for a xdm in 10mm...
Man would I ever jump in line if Springfield offered an XDm 5.25" in 10mm or even 357sig. Don't know that I actually need such a gun, but I'd like to have one just the same.


__________________
"The Future is Unwritten"
sweeper22 is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Overkill0084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Weber County, Utah
Posts: 4,856
Liked 3385 Times on 1707 Posts
Likes Given: 483

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
Man would I ever jump in line if Springfield offered an XDm 5.25" in 10mm or even 357sig. Don't know that I actually need such a gun, but I'd like to have one just the same.
Springfield doesn't offer it, but .357 Sig is doable: http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=XD


__________________
Cheers,
Greg
MSgt, USAF, Retired
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 04-14-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Overkill0084 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,301
Liked 434 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Default

You can still find the occasional used Dan Wesson in 10mm. They are amazing guns. I have 2.

Colt Delta Elite is also an option, but the sights suck.

Kimber also makes several 10mm models.

Then there is always the S&W autos like the 1006. Funky looking and not very popular, but they are solid guns.
Olympus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 06:19 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Salem,Oregon
Posts: 1,360
Liked 760 Times on 469 Posts
Likes Given: 1542

Default

Ted Nugent has 10 mm semi auto manufactured in Texas. I can't remember the brand name but maybe someone here knows more about it.
I also have a Dan Wesson 10mm Match. An excellent accurate pistol. I have been satisfied shooting factory ammo.
__________________
Married 30 years---I'm starting to think it might work out.
Second Generation N R A Life Member

Last edited by Mongo; 10-03-2014 at 06:23 AM. Reason: detail
Mongo is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,837
Liked 1466 Times on 830 Posts
Likes Given: 651

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Ted Nugent has 10 mm semi auto manufactured in Texas. I can't remember the brand name but maybe someone here knows more about it.
Likely an STI. STI is located in Georgetown, TX.
Gatoragn is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:19 PM   #16
That looks like it hurt
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JCS53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,395
Liked 1783 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1420

Default

Kimber makes the Eclipse custom II in 10 mm
JCS53 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:30 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 388
Liked 186 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Default

I like my full size witness 10mm hadn't heard of the reports of slide cracking before today mine shows no signs of battering or cracking at this point and it has fired over 1000 handloads and buffalo bore loads of 180 grain at or above 1300 fps. I bought a heavier spring for it when I first got it but found it didn't run right with the heavy spring and it shows no issues with the stock spring. Not that there may have been issues with others just sayin mine is doing fine. may not have if I had been able to continue to compete as I was just getting going with the 10 when my back put me out of the game so it barely got warmed up before it got put away probably for good as a competitor. Its still gets a lil play time around hunting seasons and winter time CCW. If I had gotten 5000 plus rounds through it I may have had problems as described but at a guestimated 1500 or less its just fine.
jsr5 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Overkill0084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Weber County, Utah
Posts: 4,856
Liked 3385 Times on 1707 Posts
Likes Given: 483

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr5 View Post
I like my full size witness 10mm hadn't heard of the reports of slide cracking before today mine shows no signs of battering or cracking at this point and it has fired over 1000 handloads and buffalo bore loads of 180 grain at or above 1300 fps. I bought a heavier spring for it when I first got it but found it didn't run right with the heavy spring and it shows no issues with the stock spring. Not that there may have been issues with others just sayin mine is doing fine. may not have if I had been able to continue to compete as I was just getting going with the 10 when my back put me out of the game so it barely got warmed up before it got put away probably for good as a competitor. Its still gets a lil play time around hunting seasons and winter time CCW. If I had gotten 5000 plus rounds through it I may have had problems as described but at a guestimated 1500 or less its just fine.

How old is yours? If you google "EAA Witness 10 mm Slide Cracking," you will come upon a number of different things. One of which is a report in another forum that there have been changes to the slide design in the last year or so. I'm not really up to speed on the latest mods by Tanfoglio.
I maintain that the OEM 14 lb spring is entirely too weak for 10 mm use. YMMV. I run a 16 with .45 with no issues. An 18 worked OK, but it was very likely overdoing things since my ammo is fairly tame.
There is always option B, as in buffer:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/395233/buffer-technologies-recoil-buffer-cz-75-85-polyurethane
__________________
Cheers,
Greg
MSgt, USAF, Retired
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Last edited by Overkill0084; 11-14-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Overkill0084 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 11:04 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 388
Liked 186 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 173

Default

mine is 8 or 9 years old I think my memory doesn't serve me as well as it once did. Got to be at least 5 years old though.
jsr5 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,785
Liked 385 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Ted Nugents ammo is made by Pierce Performance Ammunition in Buffalo NY.
http://www.piercemunitions.com/tn-hunting.html


hardluk1 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Choices, Choices! Vikingdad The Club House 40 09-27-2013 02:26 PM
So many choices.... mrb1982 1911 Forum 48 12-29-2011 04:26 PM
Choices AznZOhAn AR-15 Discussion 15 08-27-2011 08:04 AM
Choices ?? curly45 General Handgun Discussion 3 12-18-2010 12:50 AM
Choices, choices, choices.. hillbilly68 Other Weapons 7 12-25-2008 12:15 PM