Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 04:39 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Edge of Darkness
Posts: 6,495
Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Default

It is great to see gun owners in Oklahoma win a gun rights issue. I bet we won't see that news on MSNBC.

__________________
nitestalker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #62
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
AR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lincoln Nebraska
Posts: 1,943
Liked 881 Times on 587 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Pretty ass hole response, trying to imply I'm one of those walking around behind a video camera looking for my 15 minutes. But hey, you're a real jerk. I wouldn't expect anything less.
Your response shows a real level of maturity. I am sure you will do real well going open carry. Earth works around a principle of natural selection, which tends to keep things cleaned up and tidy.

Coming unglued in a gun forum, on people that support gun rights, and you carry a gun in public, concealed or otherwise?
__________________

Last edited by AR10; 05-19-2013 at 06:42 AM.
AR10 is offline  
Merlin40 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #63
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post

Your response shows a real level of maturity. I am sure you will do real well going open carry. Earth works around a principle of natural selection, which tends to keep things cleaned up and tidy.

Coming unglued in a gun forum, on people that support gun rights, and you carry a gun in public, concealed or otherwise?
Your double speak and sarcasm are really trying. I think THAT'S what really speaks to a person's maturity. Yeah, I lose my temper and go ballistic on stupidity and jerkwaddery. All you do is cruise around the threads being a jerk to everyone and stirring up discontent with your rude attitude. And not just me, I rarely see ANYTHING coming from you directed towards anyone else that doesn't scream, "look at me! I'm better than you because I have money, own a sailboat and a tractor trailer RV and I'm a master of the art of sarcasm!"

And for the record, if you want to actually READ anything instead of just picking and choosing what you make snarky, snide, little sarcastic, smart assed comments to, you'll see I for one, am doing quite well with open carry, as are a few others. Oh, and we do it without video cameras.

That + pipe = smoke it.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
No, let's put it this way, with no evidence at all whatsoever to support these claims, it's all purely hypothetical conjecture.

You're regurgitating the exact same line of BS that all other opponents of OC spout off, with NOTHING to back it up.

I've heard all the arguments (which have always been nothing but conjecture like you just did), yet have never seen any proof, or even shaky evidence.

And you claim that, "PS advertising you were armed here would be a good way to get yourself shot." I understand you're on the other side of the Atlantic, but I'm not. My argument is intended for this side of the pond. But, just to humor you, I invite you to find me proof that it happens over there, and is an infallible truth endemic to your area.

Try again. Ready? Go.
Quote:
By BROOKE DONALD
The Associated Press

Over a recent six-week period, a handful of officers from Rhode Island to Illinois had their guns taken from them after they allegedly were overpowered by suspects or inmates. In each case, the ending was deadly.

The incidents have shaken departments and raised questions about safety procedures. But some law enforcement experts say not much will change _ and shouldn't. Despite the latest tragedies, they say there's no evidence that basic procedure is failing officers.
LINK

Do police officers open carry? Yup. Are the better trained to retain their weapon than most civilians? Yup. Do they use retention holsters? For the most part, Yup. Are they just as dead as a civilian would be in the same circumstances? Yup.

My question to you is why did you decide "police officers and security guards don't count" when you started your other thread? Are they any less human than you are? Is their life any less valuable than yours is?
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #65
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post

LINK

Do police officers open carry? Yup. Are the better trained to retain their weapon than most civilians? Yup. Do they use retention holsters? For the most part, Yup. Are they just as dead as a civilian would be in the same circumstances? Yup.

My question to you is why did you decide "police officers and security guards don't count" when you started your other thread? Are they any less human than you are? Is their life any less valuable than yours is?
Because the argument was about CIVILIANS open carrying. Police officers and corrections officers ALWAYS open carry in uniform and on the job....it's....their job. The discussion was over a newly gained "right" by civilians. Plus, as I mentioned (uh, if you'd done some reading instead of trying to find some little point to pull out of context and use for an attack), their daily duties are nowhere near the same in nature as the average Joe. They actually PUT themselves in harm's way and deal with criminal hard cases EVERY DAY. Big, big difference there.

And your little attempt to make me appear to be belittling police officers is insulting. Like that "other" guy, you're free to get to know someone before you start pulling assumptions and attitude out. Then maybe you would see I have several LEO friends and family and have even been there myself.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #66
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,676
Liked 1682 Times on 1026 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Default

Quote:
By BROOKE DONALD
The Associated Press

Over a recent six-week period, a handful of officers from Rhode Island to Illinois had their guns taken from them after they allegedly were overpowered by suspects or inmates. In each case, the ending was deadly.

The incidents have shaken departments and raised questions about safety procedures. But some law enforcement experts say not much will change _ and shouldn't. Despite the latest tragedies, they say there's no evidence that basic procedure is failing officers.
Look at the context of the quote. Armed LEOs in a prison, a jail, a detention center, whatever. In those places, the percentage of the population that are violent criminals is very high. In that 6 week period any particular LEO will come in contact with more bad guys with bad intentions than most civilians will do in their lifetime. Also, the number of LEOs available to perform that work in those places is shrinking thanks to budget cuts and low pay. So those armed LEOs are more outnumbered than they used to be. Their risk is increasing. The final comment suggests that possibly the officers who had their guns taken by the bad guys had failed to follow an established procedure.

Using that as a basis for denigrating people who open carry is not valid.
__________________

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Balota is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #67
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
audiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 55
Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

From Tulsa World Press. I personally CC most of the time, but have OC several times with no issues. I think it is personal choice and agree with both.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/article.aspx/Open_carry_in_Oklahoma_is_nonissue/20130520_11_A9_CUTLIN667238

__________________

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"

audiophile is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #68
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Just one more point in the fight to exercise rights.

Remember when everyone was scared that allowing people to carry concealed with a permit would undoubtedly lead to "the streets running red with blood"? It never happened. Now, open carriers are facing the same fight, and WINNING, striking down this prejudice EVERYWHERE it exists and open carry becomes lawful.

Just as with concealed carry, open carry law abiding citizens has led to NO reportable epidemics of increased crime in any place that it's become lawful.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,831
Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Because the argument was about CIVILIANS open carrying. Police officers and corrections officers ALWAYS open carry in uniform and on the job....it's....their job. The discussion was over a newly gained "right" by civilians. Plus, as I mentioned (uh, if you'd done some reading instead of trying to find some little point to pull out of context and use for an attack), their daily duties are nowhere near the same in nature as the average Joe. They actually PUT themselves in harm's way and deal with criminal hard cases EVERY DAY. Big, big difference there.

And your little attempt to make me appear to be belittling police officers is insulting. Like that "other" guy, you're free to get to know someone before you start pulling assumptions and attitude out. Then maybe you would see I have several LEO friends and family and have even been there myself.
You're the one that wanted stories about open carry people having their gun used against them. It's not my fault you tried to prove your 'hasn't happened' point by trying to narrow things down to the family poodle. There are dozens of stories out there, you just won't listen to them because they don't fit your sub-group.

Quote:
And your little attempt to make me appear to be belittling police officers is insulting.
It was meant to be. You're the one that said they don't count. Stand in front of their department and say that!
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #70
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
You're the one that wanted stories about open carry people having their gun used against them. It's not my fault you tried to prove your 'hasn't happened' point by trying to narrow things down to the family poodle. There are dozens of stories out there, you just won't listen to them because they don't fit your sub-group.

It was meant to be. You're the one that said they don't count. Stand in front of their department and say that!
The entire discussion has been about civilians gaining (or regaining) the right to carry a firearm openly if they so choose.

Tell ya what, I could correlate wearing camo pants to an increased likelihood of being killed too, if I include the military. So what's your point?

To try to imply that I don't care about, or think less of, or that I'm implying that LEO's are less of a human being than I am, because I'm not including them in a discussion of CIVILIANS having their lawfully openly carried firearms taken by force and used against them, is ludicrous. I'm not including them because a person who is in uniform, and who's job it is to wrangle the criminal element from our society, is going to be in a compromised situation nearly every day.

You're picking a single word and a small phrase and taking it entirely out of context just to try to use it to discredit my statements. How bout you find something that you don't have to take out of context and try to twist it's intent, hmmm?

And since you seem to know so much about taking things out of context and trying to twist their meanings into something they were never meant to be, I'll just refer you to my buddy here. Easier to hit the "quote" button than it is to rewrite the same thing someone else has said already.

"By BROOKE DONALD
The Associated Press

Over a recent six-week period, a handful of officers from Rhode Island to Illinois had their guns taken from them after they allegedly were overpowered by suspects or inmates. In each case, the ending was deadly.

The incidents have shaken departments and raised questions about safety procedures. But some law enforcement experts say not much will change _ and shouldn't. Despite the latest tragedies, they say there's no evidence that basic procedure is failing officers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Look at the context of the quote. Armed LEOs in a prison, a jail, a detention center, whatever. In those places, the percentage of the population that are violent criminals is very high. In that 6 week period any particular LEO will come in contact with more bad guys with bad intentions than most civilians will do in their lifetime. Also, the number of LEOs available to perform that work in those places is shrinking thanks to budget cuts and low pay. So those armed LEOs are more outnumbered than they used to be. Their risk is increasing. The final comment suggests that possibly the officers who had their guns taken by the bad guys had failed to follow an established procedure.

Using that as a basis for denigrating people who open carry is not valid.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Open carry or not partdeux General Handgun Discussion 37 10-07-2011 11:51 PM
So can I open carry in MS or what? Scratchammo Legal and Activism 3 01-31-2011 06:41 PM
Open Carry aussierogue The Club House 25 04-13-2010 11:20 PM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM