Who's all excited about the new open carry law? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #51
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 860 Times on 388 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Some things just aren't prudent, it may be your right but some fights aren't worth fighting!
In the neighboring Town of Bratelboro VT its legal to not wear pants anywhere on Town property, this tends to amuse 60+ year old men
so like I said previously some things just aren't prudent!

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #52

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Bolota, what trip said is absolutely correct. I agree with both of you that it is better to oc that to not carry at all.

(Insert opinion here) from my back ground I just don't Personally agree with OC. I feel (as a potential combative) the less an opponent knows of me the more of an edge I have. I have no qualm being a gray man until the time for a dance has come along.

I too work in an office and lock up my gun when at work(vehicle is inside of a locked garage so I'm comfortable with that).

To be honest I had similar issues when practicing drawing from tucked in concealment. I eventually decided on an amended dress code. I tuck for work. And after work, I swap to a different collared shirt that looks decent not tucked in(can sometimes get away with just untucking my work shirt).

As it is now. I am ~2 seconds from threat to draw from concealment to squeeze. I do a lot of movement drills. Drawing while moving and such. The best thing is to get some real training. It is costly but oh so effective. It will help with the fundamentals and it will increase skill and ability. Not to mention how much more confident you'll be in your own ability to confront a situation.

Always remember your ooda loop and hicks law. They will bite whoever forgets them in the ass very quickly.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #53
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 963 Times on 632 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

To say that "No off duty officer open carries, for a good reason." is the type of all inclusive, absolutist statement I'm fighting against here.
I know many police officers, and I know a few that do not carry off duty, and none that open carry off duty. The vast majority, CC off duty.

Open carry? Go for it. I will look for you or someone like you being a new hit on you tube.

Out of sight, out of mind. Carry guns are best when out of mind, both the gun owner, and every one seeing, or not seeing it. Just my opinion.

I would not open carry to a public place for $100 cash. Add another zero, and the answer would still be no.

Last edited by AR10; 05-08-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Merlin40 Likes This 
Old 05-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #54
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1957 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

One other thought related to open carry: Weapon retention is important. It is more important if you frequent areas where being accosted is common. I don't frequent those areas. Avoiding the situation is a lot easier and safer than fighting to retain your gun.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 05-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #55

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
I know many police officers, and I know a few that do not carry off duty, and none that open carry off duty. The vast majority, CC off duty.

Open carry? Go for it. I will look for you or someone like you being a new hit on you tube.

Out of sight, out of mind. Carry guns are best when out of mind, both the gun owner, and every one seeing, or not seeing it. Just my opinion.

I would not open carry to a public place for $100 cash. Add another zero, and the answer would still be no.
Pretty ass hole response, trying to imply I'm one of those walking around behind a video camera looking for my 15 minutes. But hey, you're a real jerk. I wouldn't expect anything less.

Old 05-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #56

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Not Exited at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Nasty View Post
Who's all excited about the new open carry law the governor's goona sign and what is your opinion on it?
I have never been an open carry fan, so for me there is no excitement at all!
I carried a Glock 19 for 15 years as my duty weapon and I was very fortunate not to draw my weapon in those years. I have made my dislike known against open carry on many forums and will never change my mind. It would not make me feel safer nor will it make me feel more like a man. I can defend myself just as well with my concealed G 36 carried in my Pocket Holster or IWB carry.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #57

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

As i have mentioned before, everyone at the gun shop open carries while there. So i often OC to and from. Where i live its not uncommon to see someone OC at the grocery store/Pasta Palace/Lowes/walking their dog/etc. I guess i havnt given much thought about the ins and outs of the issue, because its not been a big deal here.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 05-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #58

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

It has always been legal in my state to open carry. In the old days cowboys carried open on the range and concealed in town. I really like the "Cowboy" way.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #59

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It has always been legal in my state to open carry. In the old days cowboys carried open on the range and concealed in town. I really like the "Cowboy" way.
That's generally how a lot of people feel who support our rights to actually bear as free men and women should, meaning, OUR WAY, not necessarily how other people who are protected by armed guards say we should.

Personally, I would always conceal in town, but every time I untuck my shirt, I'm committing a felony...

Old 05-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #60
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1957 Times on 1191 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

That's why here in Oklahoma we're happy about the law. It removes the felony "Aggravated Untucking of the Shirt" charges...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/