Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
f451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Madill,Oklahoma
Posts: 29
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Yeahhhhh boots IN pants???? That's just weird, only time my boot uppers are exposed..... Is when I'm to drunk to care.
Dude? Are you from north Oklahoma/ ( Yankee land!)

Just kiddin!

Cowboys have always worn their pants in their boots. Now adays it is usually one instead of both and most do it more as a fashion statement. Some wore them that way if they were bull doggin ore ropin. But in the old days you wore them that way instead of chaps to keep cukkle burrs and crap from ripping your pants. Contrary to the youngsters of today, only ranchhands wore chaps in the old days and only Argentinans wore chinks. They invented chinks, short chaps.
__________________
"No matter where you go...there you are!"
f451 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MrWray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,371
Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

i still havent seen anyone open carry

__________________

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

MrWray is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #23
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Balota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glenpool, Oklahoma
Posts: 2,677
Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
i still havent seen anyone open carry
I've been oc since Nov. Took 3 weeks before any comment at all.
__________________

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Balota is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RJMercer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 504
Liked 386 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Default

I've seen tons of folks open carry and more people are carrying open more often. Nobody seems to pay much mind or even notice. For the most part most folks that I know still conceal. I still conceal except when I'm doing pasture work. I guess there is something about having your piece out in town where more than just you can easily get to it.

__________________

Hey..... what's the red button do?

RJMercer is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
This is the main reason I think it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it on its face, not just because it protects against accidental "brandishing". One concern I have however, is weapon retention. I hope that we don't have a situation where someone who is careless has their gun taken away and used on them or worse, innocent bystanders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
I've seen tons of folks open carry and more people are carrying open more often. Nobody seems to pay much mind or even notice. For the most part most folks that I know still conceal. I still conceal except when I'm doing pasture work. I guess there is something about having your piece out in town where more than just you can easily get to it.

Please, please tell me. Do you know of any time this has ever happened? I debate OC vs CC quite a bit, because I OC pretty often (the rest of the time, I'm just committing a felony, no biggie). The reason I OC pretty often is because the fees involved in getting my CC permit are exorbitant and I can't afford it.

People always tell me, "someone's gonna snatch your gun and shoot up the whole community!", or, "if you're out somewhere, and an armed robbery happens, they're gonna shoot you first!!"

So let me ask you, do you have any evidence that this is such an epidemic among Open Carriers? Because I would love to hear all about it. I've searched and searched. I've extended open invitations to anyone who will listen to show me headlines... all to no avail.

The ONLY thing I've found where a lawful homeowner's firearm has been stolen and used against them or someone else, was when they were stolen from a HOME without the owner PRESENT. Huge difference there.

Can you show me any claims of someone, any LAC, having their firearm snatched from their holster and used against them, or having been "targeted first" because an armed robber saw that they were armed? Because, to date, no one else can. It would be one thing if someone could present a story, or a study showing that it's a widespread problem, but there's something funny going on here... because no one has been able to recount even a single half-assed confirmed story of it EVER happening. ANYWHERE. Now, I'm sure it HAS happened. I'm sure everyone can agree on that. I mean, it's been in the movies, so surely some thug has tried it and gotten away with it, or caused injury... but when?
__________________

Last edited by trip286; 05-06-2013 at 11:35 AM.
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

I've OC'd here in Louisiana for about a year. The only comments I've gotten? "Ooooohhh man.... I wish I had a 1911..."

__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,444
Liked 365 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Quote:
So let me ask you, do you have any evidence that this is such an epidemic among Open Carriers? Because I would love to hear all about it. I've searched and searched. I've extended open invitations to anyone who will listen to show me headlines... all to no avail.
Lets put it this way if someone was intent on going and shooting a crowd of people for example. You watched the people and seen someone open carrying who would you shoot first. Or someone went to rob a shop who would have the advantage the guy advertising I have a firearm shoot me first or the guy concealed carrying. I don't think people need evidence just common sense. PS advertising you were armed here would be a good way to get yourself shot.
__________________

Last edited by manta; 05-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.
manta is offline  
Doc3402 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Lets put it this way if someone was intent on going and shooting a crowd of people for example. You watched the people and seen someone open carrying who would you shoot first. Or someone went to rob a shop who would have the advantage the guy advertising I have a firearm shoot me first or the guy concealed carrying. I don't think people need evidence just common sense. PS advertising you were armed here would be a good way to get yourself shot.
No, let's put it this way, with no evidence at all whatsoever to support these claims, it's all purely hypothetical conjecture.

You're regurgitating the exact same line of BS that all other opponents of OC spout off, with NOTHING to back it up.

I've heard all the arguments (which have always been nothing but conjecture like you just did), yet have never seen any proof, or even shaky evidence.

And you claim that, "PS advertising you were armed here would be a good way to get yourself shot." I understand you're on the other side of the Atlantic, but I'm not. My argument is intended for this side of the pond. But, just to humor you, I invite you to find me proof that it happens over there, and is an infallible truth endemic to your area.

Try again. Ready? Go.
__________________
trip286 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

Okay, so as to not hijack the thread, and because I've asked so many people who can't provide what I'm looking for, I started my own thread, and have invited the entire forum to participate.

Here it is.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/why-anti-oc-argument-90218/

I'll be looking forward to seeing anyone there who can bring some headlines with them.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
manta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: UK.
Posts: 1,444
Liked 365 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Default

Quote:
No, let's put it this way, with no evidence at all whatsoever to support these claims, it's all purely hypothetical conjecture.
I don't see how you need evidence to show that someone intending wanting to shoot people would try to eliminate the biggest threat to him first. The guy advertising that I have a firearm would be first. Who would you hypothetically shoot first. ? Being armed here would identify you as someone of interest to certain organisations that want to murder you or steal your firearms. People forcing their way into homes here and stealing firearms is a problem the best security is them not knowing you have firearms.
__________________
manta is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Open carry or not partdeux General Handgun Discussion 37 10-07-2011 11:51 PM
So can I open carry in MS or what? Scratchammo Legal and Activism 3 01-31-2011 06:41 PM
Open Carry aussierogue The Club House 25 04-13-2010 11:20 PM
Open Carry vs. Concealed Carry Debate Tony Soprano The Club House 31 08-06-2009 04:23 AM