Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Yeahhhhh boots IN pants???? That's just weird, only time my boot uppers are exposed..... Is when I'm to drunk to care.
Dude? Are you from north Oklahoma/ ( Yankee land!)

Just kiddin!

Cowboys have always worn their pants in their boots. Now adays it is usually one instead of both and most do it more as a fashion statement. Some wore them that way if they were bull doggin ore ropin. But in the old days you wore them that way instead of chaps to keep cukkle burrs and crap from ripping your pants. Contrary to the youngsters of today, only ranchhands wore chaps in the old days and only Argentinans wore chinks. They invented chinks, short chaps.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #22

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

i still havent seen anyone open carry

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #23
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 1027 Posts
Likes Given: 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
i still havent seen anyone open carry
I've been oc since Nov. Took 3 weeks before any comment at all.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 386 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 582

I've seen tons of folks open carry and more people are carrying open more often. Nobody seems to pay much mind or even notice. For the most part most folks that I know still conceal. I still conceal except when I'm doing pasture work. I guess there is something about having your piece out in town where more than just you can easily get to it.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #25

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
This is the main reason I think it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it on its face, not just because it protects against accidental "brandishing". One concern I have however, is weapon retention. I hope that we don't have a situation where someone who is careless has their gun taken away and used on them or worse, innocent bystanders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMercer View Post
I've seen tons of folks open carry and more people are carrying open more often. Nobody seems to pay much mind or even notice. For the most part most folks that I know still conceal. I still conceal except when I'm doing pasture work. I guess there is something about having your piece out in town where more than just you can easily get to it.

Please, please tell me. Do you know of any time this has ever happened? I debate OC vs CC quite a bit, because I OC pretty often (the rest of the time, I'm just committing a felony, no biggie). The reason I OC pretty often is because the fees involved in getting my CC permit are exorbitant and I can't afford it.

People always tell me, "someone's gonna snatch your gun and shoot up the whole community!", or, "if you're out somewhere, and an armed robbery happens, they're gonna shoot you first!!"

So let me ask you, do you have any evidence that this is such an epidemic among Open Carriers? Because I would love to hear all about it. I've searched and searched. I've extended open invitations to anyone who will listen to show me headlines... all to no avail.

The ONLY thing I've found where a lawful homeowner's firearm has been stolen and used against them or someone else, was when they were stolen from a HOME without the owner PRESENT. Huge difference there.

Can you show me any claims of someone, any LAC, having their firearm snatched from their holster and used against them, or having been "targeted first" because an armed robber saw that they were armed? Because, to date, no one else can. It would be one thing if someone could present a story, or a study showing that it's a widespread problem, but there's something funny going on here... because no one has been able to recount even a single half-assed confirmed story of it EVER happening. ANYWHERE. Now, I'm sure it HAS happened. I'm sure everyone can agree on that. I mean, it's been in the movies, so surely some thug has tried it and gotten away with it, or caused injury... but when?

Last edited by trip286; 05-06-2013 at 11:35 AM.
People Like This 
Old 05-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #26

I've OC'd here in Louisiana for about a year. The only comments I've gotten? "Ooooohhh man.... I wish I had a 1911..."

Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #27

Liked 365 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
So let me ask you, do you have any evidence that this is such an epidemic among Open Carriers? Because I would love to hear all about it. I've searched and searched. I've extended open invitations to anyone who will listen to show me headlines... all to no avail.
Lets put it this way if someone was intent on going and shooting a crowd of people for example. You watched the people and seen someone open carrying who would you shoot first. Or someone went to rob a shop who would have the advantage the guy advertising I have a firearm shoot me first or the guy concealed carrying. I don't think people need evidence just common sense. PS advertising you were armed here would be a good way to get yourself shot.

Last edited by manta; 05-06-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Lets put it this way if someone was intent on going and shooting a crowd of people for example. You watched the people and seen someone open carrying who would you shoot first. Or someone went to rob a shop who would have the advantage the guy advertising I have a firearm shoot me first or the guy concealed carrying. I don't think people need evidence just common sense. PS advertising you were armed here would be a good way to get yourself shot.
No, let's put it this way, with no evidence at all whatsoever to support these claims, it's all purely hypothetical conjecture.

You're regurgitating the exact same line of BS that all other opponents of OC spout off, with NOTHING to back it up.

I've heard all the arguments (which have always been nothing but conjecture like you just did), yet have never seen any proof, or even shaky evidence.

And you claim that, "PS advertising you were armed here would be a good way to get yourself shot." I understand you're on the other side of the Atlantic, but I'm not. My argument is intended for this side of the pond. But, just to humor you, I invite you to find me proof that it happens over there, and is an infallible truth endemic to your area.

Try again. Ready? Go.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #29

Okay, so as to not hijack the thread, and because I've asked so many people who can't provide what I'm looking for, I started my own thread, and have invited the entire forum to participate.

Here it is.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/why-anti-oc-argument-90218/

I'll be looking forward to seeing anyone there who can bring some headlines with them.

Old 05-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #30

Liked 365 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
No, let's put it this way, with no evidence at all whatsoever to support these claims, it's all purely hypothetical conjecture.
I don't see how you need evidence to show that someone intending wanting to shoot people would try to eliminate the biggest threat to him first. The guy advertising that I have a firearm would be first. Who would you hypothetically shoot first. ? Being armed here would identify you as someone of interest to certain organisations that want to murder you or steal your firearms. People forcing their way into homes here and stealing firearms is a problem the best security is them not knowing you have firearms.