Who's all excited about the new open carry law? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I believe there's a thread specifically for the restroom carry.

someone mentioned simply drawing the gun, and placing it in the natural "basket" formed between your knees while you're sitting.

I just keep my hand on it while lowering and raising my pants.

And keep up the work man. Personally, I would feel comfortable with a 2 second draw regardless of carry method.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #92
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

When the HG hit the floor, I bet your business in that restroom was taken care of in a NY minute!

A HG outside a holster in a restroom stall is a little too ready for my comfort level, but some feel with your pants down, in a public place, calls for a heightened responds time of outside a holster. IMHO when carrying, a multi stall men's room is not an appropriate place for two, me and my gun. I always look for a private restroom I can lock myself into.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:53 AM   #93
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1808 Times on 1101 Posts
Likes Given: 2030

Fortunately for me the bathroom in question was attached to my bedroom at home.

As to my draw times, I'm still up around 2.3 to 2.5 seconds even with OWB open carry. Concealed, but untucked shirt is between about 2.5 and 3 seconds. Looks like I've got a lot of dry fire practice to do...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 07-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #94
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1808 Times on 1101 Posts
Likes Given: 2030

Got myself a Safariland ALS holster for my XDm 9mm Compact. It is sweet. The release button is driven by your thumb in the natural motion of taking a grip before drawing. When released, the gun seems to jump into your hand because the button release happens while you're closing your hand around the grip. Completing the grip actually withdraws the gun slightly. When released there is no drag or friction of any kind.

I am still up around 2.3 to 2.5 seconds OWB open carry, but I now have level 2 retention, so I feel a bit more secure. A loose polo shirt does cover the OWB holster. An IDPA vest does also and really just looks like a hunting vest, so it doesn't scream concealed carry.

I have ditched the small DeSantis tuckable. I have an Old Fashioned IWB tuckable similar to the Supertuck. That's what I practice IWB untucked draws with. It will take me a while to become comfortable with that style. So meanwhile I still open carry or cover the OWB with a polo shirt.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/