Who's all excited about the new open carry law?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

Who's all excited about the new open carry law the governor's goona sign and what is your opinion on it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-16-2012, 01:49 AM   #2

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I think thats its another win for us, although im still gonna continue to carry concealed. I carried a gun on my hip as a LEO for several years so the new has wore off to me. I also dont like attention, i dont like prying eyes watching me while im shopping or whatever the case may be. The added option will be nice though

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-18-2012, 03:35 AM   #3

I also will still conceal but it will be nice to know it my shirt comes untucked or my jacket flies opened with the wind it might no be as big of a deal, If I am making any sence. Long hours and no sleep it taking its toll. Lol

Old 05-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #4

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edm1911
I also will still conceal but it will be nice to know it my shirt comes untucked or my jacket flies opened with the wind it might no be as big of a deal, If I am making any sence. Long hours and no sleep it taking its toll. Lol
This is the main reason I think it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it on its face, not just because it protects against accidental "brandishing". One concern I have however, is weapon retention. I hope that we don't have a situation where someone who is careless has their gun taken away and used on them or worse, innocent bystanders.

It's the price we pay for freedom, however.

Myself, I'm with Wray...no plans to OC. I can't imagine a situation where I would ever want to do so.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

This is the main reason I think it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it on its face, not just because it protects against accidental "brandishing". One concern I have however, is weapon retention. I hope that we don't have a situation where someone who is careless has their gun taken away and used on them or worse, innocent bystanders.

Myself, I'm with Wray...no plans to OC. I can't imagine a situation where I would ever want to do so.
Seems like everytime i go to walmart i see these young cowboys drive their dodge trucks, then get out wearing spurs and their pants tucked in their boots just to walk around. I wonder how long it will be before i see someone walking around with duel six guns, lol

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

readygirl Likes This 
Old 05-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #6

Liked 2378 Times on 1484 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Seems like everytime i go to walmart i see these young cowboys drive their dodge trucks, then get out wearing spurs and their pants tucked in their boots just to walk around. I wonder how long it will be before i see someone walking around with duel six guns, lol
Yeahhhhh boots IN pants???? That's just weird, only time my boot uppers are exposed..... Is when I'm to drunk to care.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 05-18-2012, 03:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

Agree 100%, I don't see any reason to run out and pick up a tactical thigh rig. But I do believe some people will.

All but one of my holsters are iwb but one, and that one is only worn on the range or in the case of very cold weather when I am wearing a heavy coat or such. That does not happen much around here.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #8
P90

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've never worn a OWB holster for personal carry. All mine are IWB. I did order a OWB holster to try, since I don't have to worry about printing or flashing. The only time I will wear it without a un-tucked shirt, will be to and from the Ranch, and while there. I do like the options, though I wouldn't open carry in crowded places. I've carried for years, but never for show.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by P90
I've never worn a OWB holster for personal carry. All mine are IWB. I did order a OWB holster to try, since I don't have to worry about printing or flashing. The only time I will wear it without a un-tucked shirt, will be to and from the Ranch, and while there. I do like the options, though I wouldn't open carry in crowded places. I've carried for years, but never for show.
Thats a great point. Open carry opens up the issue of personal responsibility in reguards to weapon retention. People do crazy things that may cause unwanted attention to you and those with you...who wants to sit in the security detention area because of some bonehead?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I'll stick with CC for this reason alone.
Satajet.