Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Oklahoma Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f149/)
-   -   Who's all excited about the new open carry law? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f149/whos-all-excited-about-new-open-carry-law-64497/)

Big-Nasty 05-15-2012 04:17 AM

Who's all excited about the new open carry law?

Who's all excited about the new open carry law the governor's goona sign and what is your opinion on it?

MrWray 05-16-2012 02:49 AM

I think thats its another win for us, although im still gonna continue to carry concealed. I carried a gun on my hip as a LEO for several years so the new has wore off to me. I also dont like attention, i dont like prying eyes watching me while im shopping or whatever the case may be. The added option will be nice though

edm1911 05-18-2012 04:35 AM

I also will still conceal but it will be nice to know it my shirt comes untucked or my jacket flies opened with the wind it might no be as big of a deal, If I am making any sence. Long hours and no sleep it taking its toll. Lol

Chandler51 05-18-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edm1911
I also will still conceal but it will be nice to know it my shirt comes untucked or my jacket flies opened with the wind it might no be as big of a deal, If I am making any sence. Long hours and no sleep it taking its toll. Lol

This is the main reason I think it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it on its face, not just because it protects against accidental "brandishing". One concern I have however, is weapon retention. I hope that we don't have a situation where someone who is careless has their gun taken away and used on them or worse, innocent bystanders.

It's the price we pay for freedom, however.

Myself, I'm with Wray...no plans to OC. I can't imagine a situation where I would ever want to do so.

MrWray 05-18-2012 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandler51

This is the main reason I think it's good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it on its face, not just because it protects against accidental "brandishing". One concern I have however, is weapon retention. I hope that we don't have a situation where someone who is careless has their gun taken away and used on them or worse, innocent bystanders.

Myself, I'm with Wray...no plans to OC. I can't imagine a situation where I would ever want to do so.

Seems like everytime i go to walmart i see these young cowboys drive their dodge trucks, then get out wearing spurs and their pants tucked in their boots just to walk around. I wonder how long it will be before i see someone walking around with duel six guns, lol

kytowboater 05-18-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray

Seems like everytime i go to walmart i see these young cowboys drive their dodge trucks, then get out wearing spurs and their pants tucked in their boots just to walk around. I wonder how long it will be before i see someone walking around with duel six guns, lol

Yeahhhhh boots IN pants???? That's just weird, only time my boot uppers are exposed..... Is when I'm to drunk to care.

edm1911 05-18-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chandler51

Agree 100%, I don't see any reason to run out and pick up a tactical thigh rig. But I do believe some people will.

All but one of my holsters are iwb but one, and that one is only worn on the range or in the case of very cold weather when I am wearing a heavy coat or such. That does not happen much around here.

P90 06-12-2012 03:11 PM

I've never worn a OWB holster for personal carry. All mine are IWB. I did order a OWB holster to try, since I don't have to worry about printing or flashing. The only time I will wear it without a un-tucked shirt, will be to and from the Ranch, and while there. I do like the options, though I wouldn't open carry in crowded places. I've carried for years, but never for show.

satajet 09-19-2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P90
I've never worn a OWB holster for personal carry. All mine are IWB. I did order a OWB holster to try, since I don't have to worry about printing or flashing. The only time I will wear it without a un-tucked shirt, will be to and from the Ranch, and while there. I do like the options, though I wouldn't open carry in crowded places. I've carried for years, but never for show.

Thats a great point. Open carry opens up the issue of personal responsibility in reguards to weapon retention. People do crazy things that may cause unwanted attention to you and those with you...who wants to sit in the security detention area because of some bonehead?

satajet 09-19-2012 10:29 PM

I'll stick with CC for this reason alone.
Satajet.