Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > where are you in oklahoma??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 395 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 588

Marlow/Duncan/Central-ish area.
Kids go to Marlow schools, I get my mail out of Duncan and the Central VFD shows up when I try to burn brush. Go figure.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 03-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #82

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrashKing View Post
Anyone in the Norman area know a place I can get a decent price on .45 for range shooting? I think it is time my wife learned to shoot mine.
There are several good places but getting anything right now is going to be hard to come buy. I visited my friends at Jerry's gunshop in Ardmore and thought they were going out of business! Not just guns but everything for reloading and ammo you can think of. Normally they would have 100 new guns on the shelf and 100 used. They had about 75 new and 25 used! Never seen that and I have dealt with them for over 30 years!

Lawton has a good shop that you can find in the yellow pages. There is a Kimber Dealer in Purcell, I think. Either there or Pauls Valley. Gunnrunners in Ada, and a little place called Lone Grove pawn and gun in Lone Grove. They are usually good to have a few Glocks.

Now as far as cheap...you can completely forget about that! A AR-15 platform that sold for $699.00 last year this time is going for $1800.00 IF you can find one. Colts are 800 plus, Kimbers 1200+, Glocks are 600+, a Citadel, Rock Island or FX, all legacy imports, 550+.

Hardest part will be finding one. I would try one of the local gunshows. Ada has one very couple of months and should be due for one soon. Its put on by the Ada Pistol and rifle club. I used to be a member and they are good folks. You would get as good a deal there as you will anywhere and if you ask, they might point you in the direction of a good deal!

http://ada-rifle-and-pistol-club.com/

Last edited by f451; 03-30-2013 at 02:20 AM. Reason: ADD ADDRESS

Old 03-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #83

Likes Given: 3

I meant .45 ammo, thought I put that in the post, oops.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #84

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I have some kinfolk in Ada, while I'm in Texas I find Okla like my best buddy's house.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 04-25-2013, 04:35 AM   #85

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm in Talihina Oklahoma

Old 05-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #86

Look online...there are a lot of sites that sell ammo comparably priced you just have to get lucky and hit one at the right time. Cheaper than driving to all the Wal-Mart and sporting goods stores!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #87

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Oklahoma city. Anyone know a place with fair firearm prices?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #88

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher
Oklahoma city. Anyone know a place with fair firearm prices?
Non big box store like academy would probably be H&H. They aren't the cheapest ever but aren't too bad. Plus they have the largest range of what ever type of firearm you want. If you want a mil surp, big boys in mustang has the most in those but I'm not sure as of right now how much they have of what. One thing on H&H, don't order a gun through them. They quoted me 50 bucks or so to get one transferred in

Old 07-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #89

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post

Non big box store like academy would probably be H&H. They aren't the cheapest ever but aren't too bad. Plus they have the largest range of what ever type of firearm you want. If you want a mil surp, big boys in mustang has the most in those but I'm not sure as of right now how much they have of what. One thing on H&H, don't order a gun through them. They quoted me 50 bucks or so to get one transferred in
See I'm looking for a HD shotgun and I found a mossberg persuader with a 20inch,8 shot magazine for 339 at the local dicks. You think that's a fair price?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #90

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Outdoor America is another good spot to try.