where are you in oklahoma?? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > where are you in oklahoma??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Boy could I tell you some stories about the corridor between Enid and Alva. Back in the late 50's, early 60,s, was a bootlegger south of Medicine Lodge--down in the Medicine Hills. Paid pretty good money to some young bucks to run shine down into Okla. Just one summers worth paid for a nice 56' Crown Vic. Course thats what I heard --not having any first hand experience of course. Kids today will never know what they missed.
G

"Usually by the time you say ,"oops", its too damned late."

Old 08-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #52

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcrawler
Boy could I tell you some stories about the corridor between Enid and Alva. Back in the late 50's, early 60,s, was a bootlegger south of Medicine Lodge--down in the Medicine Hills. Paid pretty good money to some young bucks to run shine down into Okla. Just one summers worth paid for a nice 56' Crown Vic. Course thats what I heard --not having any first hand experience of course. Kids today will never know what they missed.
G
Haha of course not! One of my best friends is going to school in Alva and he's told me some wild stories

Old 08-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #53

Gated trailer park community near Slick, Ok.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampcrawler View Post
G
Think I saw you "shinin it through Jet, Ok. one morning while I was in a goose blind! You were kickin up some serious dirt!

Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #55

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

South side of Chickasha, OK.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #56

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I live about 10 miles south of Harrah, Ok. Roughly about half way between OKC and Shawnee.

America: Love it and protect it or leave it!
In God I Trust
I Support Arizona

Old 10-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #57

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Well howdy all! I am going to be moving to Ft sill here in a few. Wanted to drop a line to say hi. Got my pcs orders in hand and the wife and me are coming from South Korea. I am a sc resident. Have been to OK once before ( did my basic training there) so where is the good ranges, gun clubs, 4wd trails and hunting at? Going to have to make the best of it huh.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #58

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
Well howdy all! I am going to be moving to Ft sill here in a few. Wanted to drop a line to say hi. Got my pcs orders in hand and the wife and me are coming from South Korea. I am a sc resident. Have been to OK once before ( did my basic training there) so where is the good ranges, gun clubs, 4wd trails and hunting at? Going to have to make the best of it huh.
Do you do any competitive shooting? USPSA, IDPA, 3 gun? If so you are in for a treat! OK has a lot of great shooting opportunities. Check out BoomerShooter.com forum for a list if all the OK and North Texas matches.

My Videos

Accurate Iron Custom STI Edge 5 | Accurate Iron Benelli M2 Shotgun | Stag Arms Model 3G | Accurate Iron Glock 34 | Accurate Iron Glock 35 | DPMS Panther LR 308

Old 10-14-2012, 12:12 PM   #59

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Little place called Hartshorne OK. Have been in Commiefornia and Nevada for the past 10 years and last year got the chance to come home. Born and raised in Hartshorne and even when way out west I was quick to remind everyone that I was not from Cali. Country boy at heart, always will be.

Old 10-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #60

Liked 17 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

New guy here.
I'm in Tulsa.......West Tulsa to be exact, near Berryhill.

Jody