Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Tomorrow is the big day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
i saw this the other day posted on the woodland hills mall in tulsa, and it wasnt there before November 1st " i know because ive looked". i dont really like going to the mall but the wife likes to go sometimes, way to many people for me...anyways, my point is,it pisses me off that they did this just because the open carry law is in effect now. another example of liberals at work
There is a bar up in bricktown who did the exact same thing. What I find funny about it is that, you can't carry in a bar away so what would the point be?

Old 11-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #12

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

There is a bar up in bricktown who did the exact same thing. What I find funny about it is that, you can't carry in a bar away so what would the point be?
just to show their defiance, people never surprise me anymore.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

The point is ,you might be surprised about the #of people who "pack" into places without reguard to laws but may still comply with an establishments rules on conduct when asked or confronted...that being said. Some folks just need reminding...

Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #14

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
i saw this the other day posted on the woodland hills mall in tulsa, and it wasnt there before November 1st " i know because ive looked". i dont really like going to the mall but the wife likes to go sometimes, way to many people for me...anyways, my point is,it pisses me off that they did this just because the open carry law is in effect now. another example of liberals at work
This was really prevalent here in Ohio after CC was passed a few years ago. It was a knee jerk reaction by shop owners everywhere. As people became more familiar with the law and the change most have went away.Hopefully, that holds true in OK as well.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsights

This was really prevalent here in Ohio after CC was passed a few years ago. It was a knee jerk reaction by shop owners everywhere. As people became more familiar with the law and the change most have went away.Hopefully, that holds true in OK as well.
its BS really, whenever i see a mall cop i just shake my head. my wife says " you could take out most of them by yourself at one time"

i say thanks babe.....

but seriously i could :-)

i did see two uniformed Tulsa S.O deputies walking around so at least they were there.

Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #16

also it seems that whenever a new gun law passes "for the good" some people just lose their damn minds. we have had CC since at least 2001 "that i know of", so what makes the open carry law any different?

Old 11-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
also it seems that whenever a new gun law passes "for the good" some people just lose their damn minds. we have had CC since at least 2001 "that i know of", so what makes the open carry law any different?
Some folks ride the fence on the issue and if its out of sight they are fine but out for all to see creates an uneasy feeling...remember they dont know US and with all the shootings in the resent past they have to be wondering "is this person really competant and safety minded?" as well as other thoughts...heck even i have a question or two about some people i know...