Tomorrow is the big day

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Tomorrow is the big day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Tomorrow is the big day

Welp, tomorrow is the big day for us. Open carry becomes legal here in Oklahoma. I'm still iffy on it though. I'm glad it's passing as it is a great step towards gun owners rights but I still think people are going to be stupid and not everyone is going to know how to handle it. What are y'all's takes on it?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Welp, tomorrow is the big day for us. Open carry becomes legal here in Oklahoma. I'm still iffy on it though. I'm glad it's passing as it is a great step towards gun owners rights but I still think people are going to be stupid and not everyone is going to know how to handle it. What are y'all's takes on it?
Lucky!! There will be some problems I'm sure. I know for a fact that won't fly here in Miami, FL .

Old 11-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 715 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

I'll continue to carry concealed when I do carry. I'd rather keep the BGs guessing.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

KrashKing Likes This 
Old 11-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #4

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Our state has always been open carry. We have never had any rash of problems with this. Our fellow gun owners have been put down by the Liberal press so long many believe the BS. No ignore the Liberal crap your fellow Oklahoma gun owners are good people. Trust them your government is. This is another win for our side.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

there are gonna be tons of sheep calling the authorities reporting "man with a gun" everytime you turn around, and its already been stated by many departments that every person that gets reported is gonna be treated as a threat. whenever you are seen open carrying by a LEO you will be harrassed and asked for your CCL. im not against open carry at all but this is what i see happening for quite a while. i will remain concealed anyways just because i dont like drawing attention and i dont want people knowing my business.

we shall see what happens

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6128 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 6509

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Our state has always been open carry. We have never had any rash of problems with this. Our fellow gun owners have been put down by the Liberal press so long many believe the BS. No ignore the Liberal crap your fellow Oklahoma gun owners are good people. Trust them your government is. This is another win for our side.
Lets not forget that at one time, Every State In the Union had Open Carry! It wasnt always perfect but history showed that lessons learned made it safer than not.

Re-opening doors that have been shut for eons comes with challenges and new lessons to learn but given some time for folks to become familiar with it, nearly all those problems will all but disappear.

I wish we could get a few of your lawmakers to come up to NY and open up some minds!
Old 11-02-2012, 12:26 PM   #7

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

So true. It is strange people who are denied freedom for a long time are scared of it. This reminds me of a dog that has been rasied and lived its life in a kennel. One day you open the kennel gate and the dog is afraid to leave the the safety of the confine.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #8

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
there are gonna be tons of sheep calling the authorities reporting "man with a gun" everytime you turn around, and its already been stated by many departments that every person that gets reported is gonna be treated as a threat. whenever you are seen open carrying by a LEO you will be harrassed and asked for your CCL. im not against open carry at all but this is what i see happening for quite a while. i will remain concealed anyways just because i dont like drawing attention and i dont want people knowing my business.

we shall see what happens
I was reading online, on I think KFOR's website, that dispatchers have been/are being trained to get descriptions of the weapons and that for the next 8 months, no matter what, you're going to be asked for identification and your CCL which I agree with

Old 11-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
I stand firm that the right to bare arms is a right of any American but i will also stick to the idea that the best defence is a better offence...conceal carry provides this ...the element of surprise is a better tactical advantage than putting the bullseye on the back of your head. Stay concealed to stay alive. The life you save may just well be your own... Satajet

Old 11-12-2012, 11:50 AM   #10

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

i saw this the other day posted on the woodland hills mall in tulsa, and it wasnt there before November 1st " i know because ive looked". i dont really like going to the mall but the wife likes to go sometimes, way to many people for me...anyways, my point is,it pisses me off that they did this just because the open carry law is in effect now. another example of liberals at work

20121110_135815-1.jpg

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis