Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Oklahoma Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f149/)
-   -   Tomorrow is the big day (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f149/tomorrow-big-day-75410/)

ShagNasty1001 10-31-2012 08:41 PM

Tomorrow is the big day

Welp, tomorrow is the big day for us. Open carry becomes legal here in Oklahoma. I'm still iffy on it though. I'm glad it's passing as it is a great step towards gun owners rights but I still think people are going to be stupid and not everyone is going to know how to handle it. What are y'all's takes on it?

iEj1Johnny 10-31-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
Welp, tomorrow is the big day for us. Open carry becomes legal here in Oklahoma. I'm still iffy on it though. I'm glad it's passing as it is a great step towards gun owners rights but I still think people are going to be stupid and not everyone is going to know how to handle it. What are y'all's takes on it?

Lucky!! There will be some problems I'm sure. I know for a fact that won't fly here in Miami, FL .

buckhuntr 11-02-2012 01:44 AM

I'll continue to carry concealed when I do carry. I'd rather keep the BGs guessing.

nitestalker 11-02-2012 02:03 AM

Our state has always been open carry. We have never had any rash of problems with this. Our fellow gun owners have been put down by the Liberal press so long many believe the BS. No ignore the Liberal crap your fellow Oklahoma gun owners are good people. Trust them your government is. This is another win for our side.;)

MrWray 11-02-2012 10:22 AM

there are gonna be tons of sheep calling the authorities reporting "man with a gun" everytime you turn around, and its already been stated by many departments that every person that gets reported is gonna be treated as a threat. whenever you are seen open carrying by a LEO you will be harrassed and asked for your CCL. im not against open carry at all but this is what i see happening for quite a while. i will remain concealed anyways just because i dont like drawing attention and i dont want people knowing my business.

we shall see what happens

WebleyFosbery38 11-02-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitestalker (Post 998634)
Our state has always been open carry. We have never had any rash of problems with this. Our fellow gun owners have been put down by the Liberal press so long many believe the BS. No ignore the Liberal crap your fellow Oklahoma gun owners are good people. Trust them your government is. This is another win for our side.;)

Lets not forget that at one time, Every State In the Union had Open Carry! It wasnt always perfect but history showed that lessons learned made it safer than not.

Re-opening doors that have been shut for eons comes with challenges and new lessons to learn but given some time for folks to become familiar with it, nearly all those problems will all but disappear.

I wish we could get a few of your lawmakers to come up to NY and open up some minds!

nitestalker 11-02-2012 12:26 PM

So true. It is strange people who are denied freedom for a long time are scared of it. This reminds me of a dog that has been rasied and lived its life in a kennel. One day you open the kennel gate and the dog is afraid to leave the the safety of the confine.:(

ShagNasty1001 11-02-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray
there are gonna be tons of sheep calling the authorities reporting "man with a gun" everytime you turn around, and its already been stated by many departments that every person that gets reported is gonna be treated as a threat. whenever you are seen open carrying by a LEO you will be harrassed and asked for your CCL. im not against open carry at all but this is what i see happening for quite a while. i will remain concealed anyways just because i dont like drawing attention and i dont want people knowing my business.

we shall see what happens

I was reading online, on I think KFOR's website, that dispatchers have been/are being trained to get descriptions of the weapons and that for the next 8 months, no matter what, you're going to be asked for identification and your CCL which I agree with

satajet 11-10-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

I stand firm that the right to bare arms is a right of any American but i will also stick to the idea that the best defence is a better offence...conceal carry provides this ...the element of surprise is a better tactical advantage than putting the bullseye on the back of your head. Stay concealed to stay alive. The life you save may just well be your own... Satajet

MrWray 11-12-2012 11:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i saw this the other day posted on the woodland hills mall in tulsa, and it wasnt there before November 1st " i know because ive looked". i dont really like going to the mall but the wife likes to go sometimes, way to many people for me...anyways, my point is,it pisses me off that they did this just because the open carry law is in effect now. another example of liberals at work

Attachment 69251