IDs required for a gun/ammo purchase?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > IDs required for a gun/ammo purchase?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts

Default IDs required for a gun/ammo purchase?

I just moved to OK and I know it requires Oklahoma residency to buy firearms. But Idk which IDs I need. Does it require two like other states? Do they have to be specific? I've tried looking them up but I can't find specifics. And can I purchase ammo without being a resident?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7803 Times on 4229 Posts
Likes Given: 16515

Oklahoma is a gun friendly state. Non-residents may purchase ammunition. A driver's license or state identification card is sufficient proof of residence to purchase a firearm.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9573 Times on 4118 Posts
Likes Given: 1502

First, this is governed by FEDERAL law and regulation- so laws and regs AT A MINIMUM are the same in all states. Some like Illinois require more.

Typically, one govt issued photo ID, showing your address, and a second form of ID showing same address. That could be car registration, voter ID card, utility bills, etc. In the case of active duty military, your military ID, AND your orders assigning you to that installation.

There is no residency requirement to buy a rifle or shotgun from a dealer. As a resident of VA, I can walk into a Kansas gun store, and buy a long gun. No residency requirement to buy ammo.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.