Hey! Hey! - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Hey! Hey!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

They've won more big 12 championships than anybody, been to 4 of the 13 national championship games held since he's been HC, had two Heisman trophy winners, two Heisman runner-ups, is 130-31 for a percentage of .801, and the home crowd has seen the Sooners lose THREE games since 1999.

Oh yeah, if I recall correctly, Boise has turned out to beat several teams they "shouldn't" have, and that was the season he dismissed the starting QB. As good as Thompson was, they were overachievers. Without Peterson, they wouldn't have done anything that year.

He runs a clean program, as well.

As far as the bowls, he's usually playing them without asst coaches who have just become head coaches. Look how many OU assistants have gone on to be long time head coaches.

And injuries...Bradford, White, Peterson...this last season Ryan Broyles, the big TE that went to cincy in the NFL....all had season enders...before the bowl.

It takes a little luck at times in the injury department.

So, yeah....I see your point. Give me Jon Blake or Gary Gibbs instead.

See what I mean? SPOILED.

All due respect, Bear...gimme a break man!
I guess you have good points. Just gotten so used to being such a power house that I must have gotten spoiled, just hate to see our boys get so far in seasons and not finish #1, where I always assume they should be. Guess that's the curse of being so damn good.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:16 AM   #12

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc

I guess you have good points. Just gotten so used to being such a power house that I must have gotten spoiled, just hate to see our boys get so far in seasons and not finish #1, where I always assume they should be. Guess that's the curse of being so damn good.
Amen, brother. My younger brother is an OSU fan, so this last season was particularly "Hellish" for me.

Didn't mean to rant on ya...just that I've lived through the bad years, and right now ain't them IMHO.

And besides, screw the west coast teams...you can tell em the SEC has owned everybody's asses lately anyway, so they have ZERO room to talk.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 AM   #13

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:

I hope they make a bit more "inspired" run this year. Last year was a little disappointing, given all the pub....

(how spoiled are we )

STOOPS FOR GOVERNOR!!!!!!!
Yessir, hope that we have an awesome season... Ronnell came over to the house not too long ago. Dallas is looking at him really hard for the draft, i may be going to some Cowboy games this year... Hellz ya!!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 04-04-2012, 02:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Yessir, hope that we have an awesome season... Ronnell came over to the house not too long ago. Dallas is looking at him really hard for the draft, i may be going to some Cowboy games this year... Hellz ya!!
You lucky dogggg!!!!

I hope Dallas gets him...they are my favorite pro team.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #15

Quote:

You lucky dogggg!!!!

I hope Dallas gets him...they are my favorite pro team.
Just an update, but Ronnell did get picked in the 1st round draft. He went to the Detroit Lions.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #16

Quote:

Just an update, but Ronnell did get picked in the 1st round draft. He went to the Detroit Lions.
Man that's awesome...I hadn't seen that. I saw where Broyles went to Det in the second...WAY higher than all the "experts" predicted.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #17

Quote:

Man that's awesome...I hadn't seen that. I saw where Broyles went to Det in the second...WAY higher than all the "experts" predicted.
Yep, i was glad to see that too.

Old 05-09-2012, 01:07 AM   #18

Quote:

Ronnell was over for a while and just now left, he just bought a 2012 Cadi CTS-V and he let me drive it for a while. Its a BAD mofo!!

He leaves out for the motor city Thursday, it was good to see him, cant wait to see him play. He has gotten even bigger since the last time that i saw him.He said that once he gets going good he is gonna fly me out to some games.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 AM   #19

Quote:

Ronnell was over for a while and just now left, he just bought a 2012 Cadi CTS-V and he let me drive it for a while. Its a BAD mofo!!

He leaves out for the motor city Thursday, it was good to see him, cant wait to see him play. He has gotten even bigger since the last time that i saw him.He said that once he gets going good he is gonna fly me out to some games.
Wow! Man that's really cool. The CTS-v is the one with the ZR1 motor, isn't it?

Still wish he coulda been picked by Dallas, but hey...the lions got three Sooners in the draft this year so he'll be in good company.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:18 AM   #20

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

CTS-V is a LS7, the ZR1 is a LS9. Still a bad azz car.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.