Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Oklahoma Gun Forum > Free admission to largest gun show in the world

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

I would've setup my tables this year but unfortunately I have to work this weekend. I may be able to setup for the November show. We'll see.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 04-05-2014, 04:18 PM   #12
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6956 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
I would've setup my tables this year but unfortunately I have to work this weekend. I may be able to setup for the November show. We'll see.
Do you have the dates for the November show? I want to try to get to Oklahoma for that show.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #13

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Wife and I are heading to the gunshow now. Any FTF'rs there, I'm the tall guy wearing a tan Atlanta Braves baseball cap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Firearms Talk mobile app

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 326 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argyle_Armoring View Post
Make sure we know your location if you do

Old 04-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #15
deg

Ok, bought some stuff at the Gun Show yesterday. Bought a soft side case for my AR, it is a double gun, and although I only have one – one always need to be prepared. There were plenty out there but this one guy seemed to know his stuff and he had about all of them so he was just explaining the difference in them. I ended up buying the 1000 denier (or whatever that word is) material and it has the HD ¾ inch foam and removable pockets and backpack straps. The only downside I saw was, it started out heavier than the lighter-weight built ones. Not sure why I went with it, but I did. I also bought a front handgrip with a built in walking light, a laser, and a blinding light. Would have liked it to have had the strobe option but I just could not find one with all that going on. I do like it though; it’s pretty user friendly. Also bought a speed loader. Oh, and a flashlight clamp for my HD Mossberg 500. I did however get something free – wore out, man that dude is a big event. Everyone needs to experience it at least once.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
deg

Buckhuntr, you starting at the top or the bottom level?

Old 04-06-2014, 02:45 PM   #17
Cancer Killa
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: -1 reviews

Liked 350 Times on 214 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Do you have the dates for the November show? I want to try to get to Oklahoma for that show.
It's always on my birthday so November 8 & 9.

Owner/Armorer at Argyle Armoring, LLC - FFL 07
NRA Life Member
What do I know? I'm only a professional.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:23 PM   #18
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1749 Times on 1065 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

You were born on two separate days??

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

buckhuntr Likes This 
Old 04-07-2014, 12:36 AM   #19

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg View Post
Buckhuntr, you starting at the top or the bottom level?
Started at top, but only there for a couple of hours. Had to go to the office after. Got my Wife's promised birthday present - a concealed carry purse from The Concealment Shop in Mesquite, TX. They had a table at the show, and the owner of the store was pleased that we came specifically to look at her stuff. Wife is happy happy.

Talked to a lady from Stigler, who was manning her Dad's booth. They actually had somewhat reasonable prices compared to many there.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

deg Likes This 
Old 04-07-2014, 12:43 AM   #20
deg

I started on the lower level right at the wall between the upper and lower level. Ran into a booth very quickly that was selling flashlights, they sent me upstairs to their other booth; so essentially I ended up starting at the top. There is a lot of ground to cover at that show.