will be able to buy a firearm with these circumstances?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > will be able to buy a firearm with these circumstances?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 09:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default will be able to buy a firearm with these circumstances?

Hello everyone I really would like to purchase a firearm but a few things I am worried about.

Ok I do receive a supplemental income also im on a program were I work as well, i reiceve ssi for pysch problems such as axneity,OCD, depression and a rare form of delusions nonthing violent and they are highly controlled
and I also went to a mental hospital for a half day under my own will back in 2007 never been again.so will I pass the fbi background check I know they dig a litle deeper these days. how can I be sure would any ffls be willing to run my name for a fee just so I can be sure?

thanks troy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #2

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Consult an attorney.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Is this davi under another name? Kind of weird to get same question on same day. If so, You asked this question earlier today. Maybe you suffer from short term memory too. We all said talk to a lawyer. If not, sorry, please contact a lawyer.

Old 05-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9159 Times on 3955 Posts
Likes Given: 1435

As said, consult an attorney. A FFL holder cannot do a "dry run" for you.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 05-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #5

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Based on what you posted, no.

Delusions might not be violent now, but that can change in the future. Also, if you've ever been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic or with bi-polar disorder it will disqualify you from owning firearms in almost every instance.

Talk to a qualified attorney as well as a mental health professional.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Last edited by HighSpeed; 05-28-2013 at 12:11 AM.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #6

Liked 28 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Is this davi under another name? Kind of weird to get same question on same day. If so, You asked this question earlier today. Maybe you suffer from short term memory too. We all said talk to a lawyer. If not, sorry, please contact a lawyer.
Sure seems like it.

The only time you can have too much ammunition is if you're swimming or on fire!

Gun stores: Where the morbidly obese can pretend to be mercenaries, allude to past experiences in Special Ops, and overuse words like "tactical" and "piece of kit".

Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #7

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

A very responsible thing to do, would be to talk to a lawyer, AND a mental health professional, discuss your issues, and the meds you're taking.

Look man. Not to be mean or insulting, but ALL of the most recent mass shooting attacks have been commited by people with mental health problems, notably, ADHD and depression, either receiving treatment, or having recently received treatment.

Are you going to be the next Lanza? I highly doubt it. There are tons of people who own guns and are being treated for mental and emotional health issues, and have never had a problem. You would likely fall into this category, simply because the odds are in your favor.

But please be responsible, and make sure you're good to go, with a lawyer and some further evaluation.

Closed Thread