Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ohio Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f148/)
-   -   will be able to buy a firearm with these circumstances? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f148/will-able-buy-firearm-these-circumstances-91348/)

sttroy216 05-27-2013 09:37 PM

will be able to buy a firearm with these circumstances?

Hello everyone I really would like to purchase a firearm but a few things I am worried about.

Ok I do receive a supplemental income also im on a program were I work as well, i reiceve ssi for pysch problems such as axneity,OCD, depression and a rare form of delusions nonthing violent and they are highly controlled
and I also went to a mental hospital for a half day under my own will back in 2007 never been again.so will I pass the fbi background check I know they dig a litle deeper these days. how can I be sure would any ffls be willing to run my name for a fee just so I can be sure?

thanks troy

kytowboater 05-27-2013 09:41 PM

Consult an attorney.

Jagermeister 05-27-2013 09:47 PM

Is this davi under another name? Kind of weird to get same question on same day. If so, You asked this question earlier today. Maybe you suffer from short term memory too. We all said talk to a lawyer. If not, sorry, please contact a lawyer.

c3shooter 05-27-2013 11:20 PM

As said, consult an attorney. A FFL holder cannot do a "dry run" for you.

HighSpeed 05-28-2013 12:04 AM

Based on what you posted, no.

Delusions might not be violent now, but that can change in the future. Also, if you've ever been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic or with bi-polar disorder it will disqualify you from owning firearms in almost every instance.

Talk to a qualified attorney as well as a mental health professional.

HighSpeed 05-28-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jagermeister
Is this davi under another name? Kind of weird to get same question on same day. If so, You asked this question earlier today. Maybe you suffer from short term memory too. We all said talk to a lawyer. If not, sorry, please contact a lawyer.

Sure seems like it.

trip286 05-28-2013 12:15 AM

A very responsible thing to do, would be to talk to a lawyer, AND a mental health professional, discuss your issues, and the meds you're taking.

Look man. Not to be mean or insulting, but ALL of the most recent mass shooting attacks have been commited by people with mental health problems, notably, ADHD and depression, either receiving treatment, or having recently received treatment.

Are you going to be the next Lanza? I highly doubt it. There are tons of people who own guns and are being treated for mental and emotional health issues, and have never had a problem. You would likely fall into this category, simply because the odds are in your favor.

But please be responsible, and make sure you're good to go, with a lawyer and some further evaluation.