Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Ohio Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f148/)
-   -   USPSA Match, Circleville, 3/3/12 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f148/uspsa-match-circleville-3-3-12-a-58078/)

Reshoot 02-18-2012 02:19 AM

USPSA Match, Circleville, 3/3/12

PCSI (Pickaway County Sportsman, Incorporated) will hold their first USPSA match of the year on March 3rd. They usually have 4 stages plus a qualifier.

sublime42283 02-18-2012 04:06 AM

what do you have to do to get into this match...never done it before and what type of rifles are aloud

Reshoot 02-18-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime42283 (Post 712481)
what do you have to do to get into this match...never done it before and what type of rifles are aloud

This match (USPSA) is strictly handguns. You will have to check out the PCSI web page for rifle match info. I am not familiar with that segment.

It is a very nice little range, and I have no doubt you will meet some nice people!

sublime42283 02-19-2012 08:26 PM

yeah I looked at the website after I wrote the response. What are the pistol events and what is the entry fee and all the goods.

Reshoot 02-20-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublime42283 (Post 714156)
yeah I looked at the website after I wrote the response. What are the pistol events and what is the entry fee and all the goods.

I don't know the fee for the steel challange match . . . never shot it. The USPSA match is 15 dollars. However, your first-ever match is 5 bucks. There is a safety orientation for first timers.

Setup and tear down is done by club members, and contestants. I try to get there 8 ~ 8:30. Shooters meeting usually 9:30 ~ 10, with shooting starting right after.

The fewer constants that help setup, the later the match starts. Helping is certainly not mandatory but, much appreciated.

They always have 5 stages, with one being a qualifier. It is a by-the-book Level I match, with score sheet sign-off and everything. First rate match!

Each bay has a shelter, seating bench the full length of the shelter and tables. A real nice place!

I am not a club member but, do my share of work and have made some great friends there. Many meet at Roosters afterwards, for a late lunch. That and dish out a lot of BS excuses for their misses :D

mtbfarms 02-20-2012 10:59 AM

Is Conrad still the MD?

Reshoot 02-20-2012 04:31 PM

No. He stepped down last November. He is still on the club board of directors though. They had a new match director lined up, and then suddently his work is going to take him to Carleston, WV. Bummer too, for he is a great guy . . . Tad Hardbardger (I think that's the correct spelling).

I was told yesterday, by Tad, that Kyle Farris (our new area 5 director) and Chad are going to get this first match done.

mtbfarms 02-21-2012 01:01 AM

That sucks. I really liked conrads mini major local matches

Reshoot 02-28-2012 11:14 PM

Pack your rain gear! Looks like we may get wet :(

I hope this year is not a repeat of last year. First three matchs, last year, found us shooting in the rain!

Reshoot 03-04-2012 01:58 AM

3 no-shoot hits and 5 mikes. It's like I didn't even practice this past week!

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you :(