Spring Valley Wildlife Area
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > Spring Valley Wildlife Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Default Spring Valley Wildlife Area

Has anyone shot at the Spring Valley Shooting Range near Waynesville? What are your thoughts, how much does it cost, is it crowded?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #2

Likes Given: 1

Haven't shot at Spring Valley, but I hear it's pretty nice. I shoot at Delaware and it is also run by the state. They're closed on Monday and Tuesday, but the price can't be beat. You should be able to pick up a range permit anywhere you get your hunting license, it's twenty four dollars for the annual permit, or five for a one day. You can also purchase them on the ODNR website. If you're lucky enough to have time during the week, that's the best time to go. Delaware is a madhouse on the weekends, I'm sure Spring Valley is about the same.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #3

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

I visited Spring Valley last week, what a great place for rifle shooters. They have thirteen rifle benches at 100 yards and ten at 50 yards. Five dollars per day or $24 for for a year. They supply cardboard backing for your target and clothes pins to hang it. They don't take payment at the range. You can buy it online or at any place that you can purchase fishing or hunting license. The benches are setup for right or left shooters. Ceasefires are frequent so some patience is required. Your license is good at any Ohio state shooting range. I was there during the week and talked to a few people that said that it gets very busy on weekends. The drawback is the pistol range, only four spots at fifteen yards. Overall I think it's a great deal. If you live in the Dayton area it is only thirty minutes away.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I can hear the range from my house and yes it gets very busy on the weekends

Old 05-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #5

You can also buy the range pass at walmart. If u going to waynesville using 73 there a gas station on left side that sells everything outdoors. Firewood propane u haul ammo etc