Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > Ohio follows suit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 464 Times on 287 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
There is still a lot of good on FOX, unlike the other propoghanda stations.
I don't think there's a lot anymore, but I like Eric Bolling and Greg Guttfeld an awful lot. Like I said, it's the only cable news I watch, but I can only handle it very little since the elections. Karl Rove makes me want to puke with his cheap clip board. It's his type of republican that's costing them elections.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #22

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Having been born and raised in OH, I can tell you that I am VERY surprised! Considering I moved to MI, Ohio is (was?) very gun friendly! Open Carry might get you stink eye, but Franklin county sheriffs office has a 24hr (or less) turn around for cpl applications. There is an entire department and office for Franklin county sheriffs that its all they do! That would include the state capital as well of course.

I miss Ohios gun laws...MI sucks by and large. The ironic part is that MI isnt pushing anything new yet while Ohio is...go figure.
I went one state south and it's like being in another country. While they have many problems in state government curtailing rights does not seem to be on the agenda. It's pretty much expected that everyone has a gun the Castle Doctrine is alive and well. And your castle extends out to your property line.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 180 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Rope, tree, politician. Some assembly required.
No No NO No, you have this all wrong! We need to put an add in the Dallas Tex. newspapers to see if the "rifleman on the grassy knoll" is still taking jobs. Oliver North could do the picture about it, and we could enjoy it for years.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 02-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 180 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I'm pretty sure this will be brought to the table in quite a few states. We must call, email and write the politicians and let them know where we stand and where they stand if they push this anti-Constitutional legislation. Large demonstrations are necessary and we must feed the pro gun organizations. There are pro 2A groups in most states, support them.
I know this is the right way to go about this, but I don't believe the guys who we put in office, gives a rat's ass.

I have seen about five or six letters when I got wind of something going down in Washington. Got squat back in the form of "form letters" "Glad you wrote", "good to hear your thoughts that mean sooo much to me" "Sandy Hook was such a tragedy" Bla, bla bla. Somebody else from a state different from me, shared one of his letters form his law givers here in the Forum, and the letter was almost, exactly, the same as mine. These guys never answer one point of the letters I write. I think there is a comfort wall erected between us and them, and nothing gets past their aides.

One of my representatives answered one by excitedly telling about how he is working to get the congress's pay cut 10%. 10%, is he joking? These FOXTROT, UNION,CHARLEY, KILO, ECHO,ROMEO,( I wonder if I got that past the moderator?)need to be turned out, and new crooks put in office, when they turn to ****, hire more. We got a lot of unemployed who could use the work

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #25

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperUSMC View Post
I had seen this too and posted it on the 14th. I don't see Ohio following suit based on the representatives I have heard from. Sherrod Brown is the only one who won't tell you where he stands. All the others aren't for taking away our rights and pro-2nd amendnent.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #26

Liked 11 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Interesting, if Congress was unsuccessful, what makes them think they will be? Too many people will be against this, it won't happen.

Guns owned: Phoenix Arms HP22A, Ruger P95, Hi Point 4095ts, Winchester SXP field, Ruger Blackhawk 45LC, Bushmaster Carbon 15, NAA Mini 22lr, Tisas Zig M 1911

Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Has anyone thought about starting some type of petition website where people can sign and/or even leave a comment with their signature?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #28

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 109

I sent a e-mail letter to my state senator here in Ohio on this stuff about three weeks ago. Asked for a response and updates. Have not heard anything.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #29

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerXLT91_05 View Post
Interesting, if Congress was unsuccessful, what makes them think they will be? Too many people will be against this, it won't happen.
Unfortunately, some states will have a majority at the state level so where they failed at the national level, they feel this new strategy will give them some progress.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 685 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1019

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsights View Post
Unfortunately, some states will have a majority at the state level so where they failed at the national level, they feel this new strategy will give them some progress.
Not here in Ohio, guaranteed.