Ohio follows suit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > Ohio follows suit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Default Ohio follows suit

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=130_SB_18

To amend section 109.52 and to enact sections 109.5731 and 2923.171 of the Revised Code to prohibit a person from knowingly acquiring, possessing, carrying, or using an assault weapon and to require the Attorney General to prepare for the establishment of a firearm and ammunition transactions database.

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #2
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 919 Times on 605 Posts
Likes Given: 228

The same way the Kenion and his minions snuck into positions of power, lawmakers of both parties have crept in, that may look like sheep, but inside, at the proper time, they all vote against us, voting as wolves.

That will turn law abiding citizens into a class five fellon.

My fear is I live long enough to see them steal everything.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Rope, tree, politician. Some assembly required.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
People Like This 
Old 02-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It's not really surprising that Ohio would look to ban or in some way inhibit any type of gun possession. I've never known them to be very gun friendly. I mean, open carry has been legal a while but the are not too friendly to those that did it.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 227 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 463

Big bummer since I am a buckeye!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-15-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I'm pretty sure this will be brought to the table in quite a few states. We must call, email and write the politicians and let them know where we stand and where they stand if they push this anti-Constitutional legislation. Large demonstrations are necessary and we must feed the pro gun organizations. There are pro 2A groups in most states, support them.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 02-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #7

Liked 2401 Times on 1558 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmustard
Big bummer since I am a buckeye!
Yea, me too. It's too bad I wouldn't ever even consider owning one of those evil guns.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #8

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
It's not really surprising that Ohio would look to ban or in some way inhibit any type of gun possession. I've never known them to be very gun friendly. I mean, open carry has been legal a while but the are not too friendly to those that did it.
Having been born and raised in OH, I can tell you that I am VERY surprised! Considering I moved to MI, Ohio is (was?) very gun friendly! Open Carry might get you stink eye, but Franklin county sheriffs office has a 24hr (or less) turn around for cpl applications. There is an entire department and office for Franklin county sheriffs that its all they do! That would include the state capital as well of course.

I miss Ohios gun laws...MI sucks by and large. The ironic part is that MI isnt pushing anything new yet while Ohio is...go figure.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #9

Liked 2401 Times on 1558 Posts

I figure its not gonna pass

Feral cat waterboarder

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 02-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2692 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 216

It is assigned to the Criminal Justice committee. Nothing else on the status report. Buckeyes, contact your Legislators!!!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

dog2000tj Likes This