Need advise please
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > Need advise please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Need advise please

Hi, I'm interested in getting my FTL, I would like to know if someone could give me some advise on how to be prepared for FFL interview and what I need to do before hand, to make sure I will be ready for that interview. Thank you for reading. P.S I will run these sales out of my house and from mag sales

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8744 Times on 3779 Posts
Likes Given: 1341

If you read through, you can see where other folks have been through this process- look over in the FFL topic.

In order to obtain a DEALER'S 01 Federal Firearms License, first you must intend to "engage in the business" of buying and selling (or repairing) guns for a livelihood.

You must also be in compliance with state and local laws that regulate that. One of the BIG hurdles for a home based FFL may be zoning. If your zoning does not permit a business to be run out of your house, you can stop right there. You will also need business license, etc.

You will also need to designate a physical premises, and designate hours of operation. By appointment only will generally not be acceptable. You will need secure storage for firearms (can be a door with a lock, and lockable cabinet, etc)

Read through the posting from folks that have already done this, and get back to us with any question.

And I am assuming you mean a dealer's license. If you mean a Collector's FFL, or something else, let us know that too.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #3

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I have submitted a couple threads on the issue, take a look here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f47/ffl-process-70478/

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #4

Thank you both for the help