I have some questions
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > I have some questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

Default I have some questions

Okay so I have some questions figured it would just be better off to create one thread and ask both of them on it.

First off I am 20 and was wondering what are the laws on shipping ammo to you're house? I just wanted to buy some round nose Federal bulk ammo it's a 500 round box since I have looked all over for bulk round nose ammo and cannot find any round nose unless it's the 50 round boxes. And also 20 gauge buckshot and slugs my area does not have a good ammo selection. I'm also asking about the .22lr ammo since Walmart said I have be 21 for .22lr but I went to Dunham's and bought some without a problem.

Second being where can I find a Mosin Nagant? I have looked all over my area and cannot find one anywhere. If it helps I live in Tuscarawas County.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #2

Liked 2458 Times on 1594 Posts

Google gun stores. I did on Google maps, and red dots came up all around you. One of them is sure to have a mosin. If you want a mosin, and you are willing to drive three hours to northwest Ohio, I will show you a table full of them at the next Lima gun show.

As far as the laws on shipping ammo, I'm not sure. Ask the shipper for info.

Feral cat waterboarder

KG7IL Likes This 
Old 11-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hit some gun shows. I hit 2 today and there were Moslins by the pile at both of them.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 11-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1142 Times on 744 Posts
Likes Given: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish
Hit some gun shows. I hit 2 today and there were Moslins by the pile at both of them.
Plus 1. At all the gun shows I've been to the last 3 years there have been racks and racks and racks of mosins!

Or find a LGS that has a reasonable transfer fee and buy one online.

For ammo check local laws . Everywhere is a little different but for rifle ammo it's 18. 21 for pistol. But depends some on location.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #5

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger22lr View Post
Okay so I have some questions figured it would just be better off to create one thread and ask both of them on it.

First off I am 20 and was wondering what are the laws on shipping ammo to you're house? I just wanted to buy some round nose Federal bulk ammo it's a 500 round box since I have looked all over for bulk round nose ammo and cannot find any round nose unless it's the 50 round boxes. And also 20 gauge buckshot and slugs my area does not have a good ammo selection. I'm also asking about the .22lr ammo since Walmart said I have be 21 for .22lr but I went to Dunham's and bought some without a problem.

Second being where can I find a Mosin Nagant? I have looked all over my area and cannot find one anywhere. If it helps I live in Tuscarawas County.
I have ammo shipped to the house all the time...it is sitting next to the door when I come home from work. I believe there is a weight limit but beyond that it comes standard UPS Ground. You must be 21 to purchase handgun ammo, 18 for long gun ammo. Certain dual use ammo like the .22lr is up to the dealer...some will ask what you want it for while others will simply not sell to anyone under 21. For online purchase I believe you just certify that you are 21, sort of an honor system.

Buds Guns currently has good condition Mosin Nagants for $119 and excellent condition for $129. I have one on order so I will let you know what "excellent" means when it arrives.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #6

Liked 87 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 69

I bought a Mosin Nagant off of gunbroker already it's in Texas currently awaiting shipping.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Http:www.CastleDefenseFirearmsTrainingLLC.com/
Jeffrey Adkins

jjadkins1@centurylink.net
6646 Johnson Road
North Lewisburg, 43060
614-746-4871

Location: Training at West Mansfield Conservation Club West Mansfield, Oh

Dates & Times: January 5, 2013 Generally 1st Saturday of each month (8am- 8pm)

Cost: $100

NRA Certified Trainer
Basic Pistol
Personal Protection in the Home
LTC,Retired 29 Years US Army

"That night, I thanked God for seeing me through that day of days and prayed I would make it through D plus 1. I also promised that if some way I could get home again, I would find a nice peaceful town and spend the rest of my life in peace."

MAJ Dick Winters

Easy Company, 101st ABN
June 6, 1944

Last edited by ltcfb118; 12-22-2012 at 06:13 PM.