Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > Gonna give it a try

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default Gonna give it a try

Hey guy anyone know of competitions in southern Ohio scioto, Adams county area ? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #2

As far as IPSC there is Rayners Range (Bluerock) and PCSI (Circleville).

IDPA at a range in the Marietta area.

I know of nothing in the counties you mention.

Sorry!

Dave Bone
USPSA A-67357
NRA member
NAHC life member
US Army 1968 ~ 1971

Old 10-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Hey man thanks anyway circleville isn't too far.. Do you know if you have to shoot a certian type of firearm or just use what ever you have?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooley6960 View Post
Hey man thanks anyway circleville isn't too far.. Do you know if you have to shoot a certian type of firearm or just use what ever you have?
Pickaway County Sportsman, Incorporated (PCSI, Circleville) offers several shooting disciplines; IPSC/USPSA, steel challange, cowboy action and more. Just do a search for the clubs web site, where you will find their event calendar.

I am familiar only with IPSC/USPSA . . . that is all I shoot over there. They always put on a GREAT match! I don't recommend just showing up with whatever you have. I do recommend going to uspsa.org and downloading the rule book . . . it is free. You should be familiar with the rules, and which guns are legal in the different divisions. Most shooters start in Production Division, where you should have at least four magazines. Five is better. A typical match will require 120 ~ 140 rounds of ammo, and consist of five different shooting stages. Your first time at Circleville will cost you $5.00. Regular match fee is $15.00.

One thing I can tell you for sure, one match and you will be hooked. Happens to everyone . . . Ha!

Oh, the USPSA match is always the first Saturday of the month, with the November 3rd match being the last one for the year. They start up again in the month of February.

Perhaps I'll see you there?

Dave Bone
USPSA A-67357
NRA member
NAHC life member
US Army 1968 ~ 1971

Old 10-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Yea man sounds awesome I will check it out tonight and make sure I do not have police academy or army drill so I can come. What do you usually shoot ?

Old 10-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooley6960 View Post
Yea man sounds awesome I will check it out tonight and make sure I do not have police academy or army drill so I can come. What do you usually shoot ?
I have been shooting an XDm 4.5", in Limited Division, for several years. Over the past 12 months I have been buying parts, and stashing cash to turn this gun into an open gun. Shot it for the first time (Open) in Circleville, at the September match. It is a work-in-progress, as I am still developing a load that shoots comfortably yet still works the compensator. At least I always know where I am going to finish . . . last. Ha!

Dave Bone
USPSA A-67357
NRA member
NAHC life member
US Army 1968 ~ 1971

Old 10-20-2012, 01:20 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

that's a sweet looking gun and what till I get there at least you know that you will beat one person lol