Be Careful of Big Dawg Firearms - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum >

Be Careful of Big Dawg Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2013, 04:46 AM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchaffer View Post
Secondly, from my understanding this was a father and son operation. The son was offered a position at my company yes. His knowledge of firearms and retail operations is very strong, will he have any say in purchasing, deals, sales, offers, etc no. This is once again MY company and I will be running it. If people cannot accept the fact that I own and operate this store and I employ who I choose, then you have a choice where you go. I do not know what went on at Big Dawg, do not care, because that is not MY company, Minotaur is. If people have an issue with the father or son, there are channels to handle that, but bashing another persons business is uncalled for.
it's rather obvious that the OP has tried to resolve this matter with no success apparently, or did you even bother to read any of his posts on this thread?

so would it not be understandable at his fustration in this matter? wouldn't your be as upset if someone in a sense conned you out of money?
Mick3411 Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #22

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchaffer
Secondly, from my understanding this was a father and son operation. The son was offered a position at my company yes. His knowledge of firearms and retail operations is very strong, will he have any say in purchasing, deals, sales, offers, etc no. This is once again MY company and I will be running it. If people cannot accept the fact that I own and operate this store and I employ who I choose, then you have a choice where you go. I do not know what went on at Big Dawg, do not care, because that is not MY company, Minotaur is. If people have an issue with the father or son, there are channels to handle that, but bashing another persons business is uncalled for.
I also have no dog in this fight either, but if I were ever to be so inclined as to do business with you, I'd probably decide not to based on your replies. You could have explained the situation without threatening legal action. Kind of came across as rude which doesn't exactly win over customers. And your overall attitude kind of sucks from a business point of view. You obviously have the right to hire who you want, but as you've heard one of your employees was involved in shady practices. That's not very reassuring.

My two cents which are worth less than that probably.
People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 04:49 AM   #23

Yes I would, but to throw MY company's name in the mix is not called for. To what extent did he resolve it. If he paid by credit card, did he file a complaint with his credit card company to get a refund, did he file a civil suit, many actions can be taken, one of them is not bashing an innocent persons company, now the OP is causing issues for MY business.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy View Post
I also have no dog in this fight either, but if I were ever to be so inclined as to do business with you, I'd probably decide not to based on your replies. You could have explained the situation without threatening legal action. Kind of came across as rude which doesn't exactly win over customers. And your overall attitude kind of sucks from a business point of view. You obviously have the right to hire who you want, but as you've heard one of your employees was involved in shady practices. That's not very reassuring.

My two cents which are worth less than that probably.
Sbeezy, actually your two cents are worth much more, as you are thinking right along the same as i am. not very professional way of handling a potential problem IMO.
People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #25

Ok, but was it my employee, or the father? Everyone deserves to work, but look at it from my point of view. Here is this person bashing my company on a public forum when he does not know what he is talking about. That potentially effects my business and therefore will not be tolerated.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #26
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

JSchaffer,
You have an opportunity here. It is yours to make use of or waste as you wish. I, as I said, do not have a dog in this fight as I am located in CA and unlikely to ever set foot in your store. But given the attitude you have displayed so far I probably would not care to visit your store if I were to visit Dayton.

If you employ Michael Gilbert in your store I would advise you (again, as a disinterested 3rd party) to talk to him regarding this thread and see if perhaps you might be able to make some lemonade here. Sounds like either the son or the dad did some shaky dealings and took some money that they did not fulfill their obligations on. Personally I would not employ either one of them in my businesses (and yes, I am a small business owner and I know what a pain it is getting good and qualified employees).

I also suggest that you lighten up on us. You are simply showing bad manners.
wittmeba Likes This 
Old 10-15-2013, 04:52 AM   #27

Fair enough, I put in my thoughts, I am the owner of this company no one else. If I have lost business so be it, but I will not have someone I have had no dealings with bash my company.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:53 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Yes I would, but to throw MY company's name in the mix is not called for. To what extent did he resolve it. If he paid by credit card, did he file a complaint with his credit card company to get a refund, did he file a civil suit, many actions can be taken, one of them is not bashing an innocent persons company, now the OP is causing issues for MY business.
Maybe you could assist in this matter. You are now at a point where you need to save face with us.
People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #29

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchaffer
I mean no offense, but you probably just did more damage to YOUR company and name than the OP did. If any reasonable person were to read this they'd probably form a negative opinion. Not even saying your frustration is wrong, just misguided. Your employee was part of the eff up. Besides, I'm not entirely sure you could legally do anything to the OP. Mind you, I'm not a lawyer. But that sets a pretty bad precedent for your company if you decided to go that route.
People Like This 
Old 10-15-2013, 04:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Ok, but was it my employee, or the father? Everyone deserves to work, but look at it from my point of view. Here is this person bashing my company on a public forum when he does not know what he is talking about. That potentially effects my business and therefore will not be tolerated.
no one actually bashed your company or you personally. someone was under the impression that Micheal Gilbert moved and changed the name of the company to the name of yours. simple mistake.
People Like This