Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > Be Careful of Big Dawg Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2013, 04:54 AM   #131
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7661 Times on 4421 Posts
Likes Given: 9875

I did send her a PM and have not received any response. As Dr. Football said, we would like to tell the story and give her the opportunity to say what she has to say.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 12-29-2013, 05:55 AM   #132
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2701 Times on 1854 Posts
Likes Given: 542

It's very possible that she is a "Victim" as well, having not done "Due diligence" on her business partners before signing a contract. Not that I'm making an excuse...
Mick: this would make a good article for the websites article section....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 12-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #133

Liked 6557 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
It's very possible that she is a "Victim" as well, having not done "Due diligence" on her business partners before signing a contract. Not that I'm making an excuse...
Mick: this would make a good article for the websites article section....
I think she actually did more harm to her business than the other guy did.

She could have came on and kindly explain the situation, instead she decided to be an ass and threaten people with lawsuits. That alone is enough to make me never buy a thing from her store.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:41 PM   #134

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Hello. This is my first post on your forums. By way of intro I'm a longtime member at both Ohioans For Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms Association's forum boards.

Came to this thread because today I made yet another visit to Minotaur Firearms and Supply. If you'd followed the conversation on this at BFA, yep, I'm 'Brian D.' over there and had been taking a look see at Minotaur's locale off and on for weeks, they were always closed.

Today was no different, except now there's a 'Notice of Payment of Rent or Quit Premises' sign from the landlord, inside the front window of the shop. Their rent for December was due on 12/10/13, apparently it went unpaid. So, the sign stated that the landlord was giving them until 1/4/14 to get caught up, or remove themselves from the place. A peek in the window indicates they have chosen the latter option, what little merchandise (a few airsoft guns) had been there previously is gone.

By the way, the landlord's notice listed the business as being 'Minotaur Firearms & Supply/Michael Gilbert LLC'. (The bold type is my doing, for obvious reasons if you've been watching this thread.) Sorry I didn't snap a photo but I'm upload-challenged.

Anyways I hope my future participation at Firearms Talk forums can be on a more positive note.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:46 PM   #135
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19555 Times on 11098 Posts
Likes Given: 49205

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Hello. This is my first post on your forums. By way of intro I'm a longtime member at both Ohioans For Concealed Carry and Buckeye Firearms Association's forum boards.

Came to this thread because today I made yet another visit to Minotaur Firearms and Supply. If you'd followed the conversation on this at BFA, yep, I'm 'Brian D.' over there and had been taking a look see at Minotaur's locale off and on for weeks, they were always closed.

Today was no different, except now there's a 'Notice of Payment of Rent or Quit Premises' sign from the landlord, inside the front window of the shop. Their rent for December was due on 12/10/13, apparently it went unpaid. So, the sign stated that the landlord was giving them until 1/4/14 to get caught up, or remove themselves from the place. A peek in the window indicates they have chosen the latter option, what little merchandise (a few airsoft guns) had been there previously is gone.

By the way, the landlord's notice listed the business as being 'Minotaur Firearms & Supply/Michael Gilbert LLC'. (The bold type is my doing, for obvious reasons if you've been watching this thread.) Sorry I didn't snap a photo but I'm upload-challenged.

Anyways I hope my future participation at Firearms Talk forums can be on a more positive note.
welcome to the forum Brian! stop over in our Introductions Section and say hello to everyone.

thanks for the update on this mess! i caught some of your posts on the other forum in reading up on this place. so Michael Gilbert was involved with Minotaur Firearms then?

Joni Schaffer, i think her name was said the FFL was in her name IIRC.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:03 PM   #136

Welcome to the Forum Brian! (as Axxe said,, drop by the intro page and say hello there as well).

Thanks for the update. I think we can safely say that Minotaur/Big Dawg is no longer in business. I actually hate to see any gun business go under, but it seems in this case it was due more to the incompetence of the principals involved more than anything else (and it now seems clear that Ms. Schaffer was lying about Mr. Gilbert's involvement in the business). Too bad actually. I guess we can scratch them off the list for the Podcasts anyhow.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #137
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19555 Times on 11098 Posts
Likes Given: 49205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Welcome to the Forum Brian! (as Axxe said,, drop by the intro page and say hello there as well).

Thanks for the update. I think we can safely say that Minotaur/Big Dawg is no longer in business. I actually hate to see any gun business go under, but it seems in this case it was due more to the incompetence of the principals involved more than anything else (and it now seems clear that Ms. Schaffer was lying about Mr. Gilbert's involvement in the business). Too bad actually. I guess we can scratch them off the list for the Podcasts anyhow.
i agree! i too hate to see another gun related business go under, but in this case maybe it was for the better of all. when one business does the wrong thing, (Big Dawg) and makes no attempt at making things right and then moves onto another location and name, (Minotaur Firearms) then makes claims that may be clearly false and misleading, then for the better of the gun communty, it's probably in the best interests that they go under and not bring shame to he industry.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #138

Liked 6 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks folks. I did go do a New Member post in that section, but wanted to spill the news with my update first.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:29 AM   #139

Liked 49 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Like a bad penny I am afraid Michael Gilbert will pop up again. Just check closely when a new gun shop opens in southwest Ohio.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411 View Post
Like a bad penny I am afraid Michael Gilbert will pop up again. Just check closely when a new gun shop opens in southwest Ohio.
I am afraid you are right about that.

Quote: