Be Careful of Big Dawg Firearms - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > Ohio Gun Forum > Be Careful of Big Dawg Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2454 Times on 1592 Posts

Thanks for the detective work, clearsights.

Feral cat waterboarder

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 12-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #122
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

I want to congratulate everybody on having a relatively civil discussion about this. It really does us as 2A advocates any good whatsoever to have people in the business who are not good representatives of our community and I do believe that this Big Dawg and Minotaur stores are just the sort that we do not need. It gives all of us a black eye to have these sorts of businesses representing the wider community.

At the same time, I would welcome Ms. Schaeffer back into the discussion if she can remain civil and not resort to threats again. I think your actions here were deplorable and as I think I predicted, your business has suffered as a result. While I do lament the passing of yet another firearms business, I do not want to see another one out there that does not stand up for the overall firearms community first and foremost.

I also would like to hear from Mike Gilbert if he is available.

If either of you would like to get in touch with me maybe we can work out something on the Podcast. I think this is an important issue among firearms enthusiasts. My email is vikingdad995@gmail.com

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 12-14-2013, 01:20 AM   #123
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I want to congratulate everybody on having a relatively civil discussion about this. It really does us as 2A advocates any good whatsoever to have people in the business who are not good representatives of our community and I do believe that this Big Dawg and Minotaur stores are just the sort that we do not need. It gives all of us a black eye to have these sorts of businesses representing the wider community. At the same time, I would welcome Ms. Schaeffer back into the discussion if she can remain civil and not resort to threats again. I think your actions here were deplorable and as I think I predicted, your business has suffered as a result. While I do lament the passing of yet another firearms business, I do not want to see another one out there that does not stand up for the overall firearms community first and foremost. I also would like to hear from Mike Gilbert if he is available. If either of you would like to get in touch with me maybe we can work out something on the Podcast. I think this is an important issue among firearms enthusiasts. My email is vikingdad995@gmail.com
Or mine: askdrfootball@gmail.com. We would be more then willing to give you the chance to respond in a civil manner...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 12-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #124

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

That would be great. There is nothing better then a new place to get firearms and accessories!

Old 12-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #125
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

any new news on Minotaur Guns?

Old 12-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #126

Liked 54 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Just googled and it shows the business has closed.

Last edited by Mick3411; 12-29-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #127

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Axxe- it seems her head is buried in the sand somewhere. I looked at the posts on the Buckeye Firearms and the most recent one states their store hours sign is down.

http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18337&hilit=minotaurfirearms&s tart=15

I was really looking forward to hearing a response from Vikingdad/DrFootball's invitations.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #128
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsights
Axxe- it seems her head is buried in the sand somewhere. I looked at the posts on the Buckeye Firearms and the most recent one states their store hours sign is down. http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18337&hilit=minotaurfirearms&s tart=15 I was really looking forward to hearing a response from Vikingdad/DrFootball's invitations.
Doesn't look like it's happening. Still, the invite is open. Again, we're not trying to "Pick" on anyone, just trying to tell the story( old Journalism teachers' phrase). Sometimes people don't want their story told...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
People Like This 
Old 12-29-2013, 04:25 AM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsights View Post
Axxe- it seems her head is buried in the sand somewhere. I looked at the posts on the Buckeye Firearms and the most recent one states their store hours sign is down.

http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18337&hilit=minotaurfirearms&s tart=15

I was really looking forward to hearing a response from Vikingdad/DrFootball's invitations.
i was just reading on he Buckeye forum and she seemed to disappear right after the subject of this thread came up! no more replies at all from her.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick3411 View Post
Just googled and it shows the business has closed.
Mick, i'm sorry you got shafted by these lowlifes and i think it's a good bet you are not going to be reimbursed for your loss.

but there are still some honest gun dealers and ranges out there. hang in there brother.

BTW, very cool looking motorcycle you got! nice!