Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   North Carolina Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f146/)
-   -   Visit from LEO (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f146/visit-leo-65842/)

levelcross 06-05-2012 02:45 PM

Visit from LEO

Working late last night at my shop to get a customers car fixed, I got a visit from the local LEO. He was just checking on my shop as he knew that the doors and lights are not usually open/on at this time of night. I offered him the .10 tour and a cup of coffee and thanked him several times for checking on my shop.

It is nice to know that they are out there to look after us.

mountainman13 06-05-2012 02:47 PM

Very nice. You didn't pee in the coffee ,did you?

c3shooter 06-05-2012 03:45 PM

On of the old time basic tenets of community policing- know your community- know who is normally around, and what is normally around- and be aware when things are different.

Bear304inc 06-05-2012 05:56 PM

Good to hear the good for once, usually only hear about the bad encounters with leos. I've no doubt the good outweigh the bad just doesn't get posted nearly as much.

PanBaccha 06-05-2012 06:00 PM

It is anarchronistic almost to have a patrolman stop and check up on lights in shop unusually on at that time of night.
Very surprise. Next time you see him sitting at a diner eating, quietly pay his bill, and exit. :)

levelcross 06-06-2012 01:28 PM

Yes it is rare to hear the good side of LEO, I think that is the main reason I posted this. I live in a small community so if I do see him out for dinner I will pick up his tab. I encourage them to stop by any time they are driving by.

When I read about all of the armed robberies just a few miles away in another town, I feel it is just a matter of time until the scum finds its way to my area. Then I will be thankful for a good relationship with the LEO's.

fmj 06-06-2012 01:47 PM

again we see the differences between the small towns and the big cities!

NOT to say there arent bad apples in the small towns.

Anywho, great to hear a positive tale!

nukinfuts29 06-06-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 825834)
On of the old time basic tenets of community policing- know your community- know who is normally around, and what is normally around- and be aware when things are different.

Yep!! Don't see it much anymore. Well you do here, but our towns are so small the cops know people by smell.

hiwall 06-06-2012 01:52 PM

The cops in my home town often did door checks on the businesses to see if they were locked. Yes a couple times I got calls to come lock up:)
But I just don't understand about excess gratitude for people that just do their jobs, whether it is a cop or waitress or store clerk or whatever? I say thanks but they are just doing the job they are paid for.

nukinfuts29 06-06-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiwall (Post 826942)
The cops in my home town often did door checks on the businesses to see if they were locked. Yes a couple times I got calls to come lock up:)
But I just don't understand about excess gratitude for people that just do their jobs, whether it is a cop or waitress or store clerk or whatever? I say thanks but they are just doing the job they are paid for.

most people are not cops for the money. Besides they earn WAY more than their paychecks reflect and put up with a ton of crap. Expressing gratitude helps remind them why they do it. Everyone wants to feel appreciated sometimes, LE is no different.