Permit needed for percussian cap revolver or ammo? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > North Carolina Gun Forum > Permit needed for percussian cap revolver or ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

As addressed in the licensing laws. As per a third party source. I suggest looking up the actual state codes, where you'll find that antiquities, replicas, and modern firearms that are rendered inoperable (even temporarily, with "barrel plugged by dirt" even being used as an example), are not subject to restriction under the state laws. This obviously doesn't apply to federal laws, meaning, you can't cram dirt in the barrel of an unregistered machine gun and expect to get away with it.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:56 AM   #12

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Humm? OK it does not exempt antique or reproduction firearms. They then shall be treated as any other firearm. This prohibits there use by felons. All other Mississippi firearms rules apply.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #13

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Yar, if I had internet and the use of my computer versus this damn phone. Or if I were nearby a Mississippi law library again...

Mississippi law regarding weapons are spread out over several different volumes in the actual books. There is an entire page and a half that addresses only non firearm weapons and what is legal, in a book that is approximately 18"x10"x5" of the print that I was researching for my law class.

It's in there, you just have to find it. and no one giving free legal advice to the masses is going to address it. Unless they're insane.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9137 Times on 3946 Posts
Likes Given: 1426

WARNING! THREAD HAS BROKEN LOOSE AND IS DRIFTING! THROW OUT THE SEA ANCHORS!

Gents- the OP had asked a question about need for a permit to purchase a ball & cap revolver in NORTH CAROLINA. We have now discussed carry, being plugged with dirt, and several state's laws BESIDES NC.

Let's find a compass, get back on track, shall we?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #15

Liked 750 Times on 415 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
WARNING! THREAD HAS BROKEN LOOSE AND IS DRIFTING! THROW OUT THE SEA ANCHORS!

Gents- the OP had asked a question about need for a permit to purchase a ball & cap revolver in NORTH CAROLINA. We have now discussed carry, being plugged with dirt, and several state's laws BESIDES NC.

Let's find a compass, get back on track, shall we?
Thank you sir!! I am a native of N.C., a reenactor and an overall firearms NUT... and have ordered several ball & caps over the intra-web and phone. Most big percussion firearms dealers (Cabelas in particular) will not only list the restricted areas... but will assist in any information on how to obtain (if possible) in these areas. BUT... in the great state of Nawth Cackalackee, you can have the firearm, starter kit, powder, caps and (if you contact Midway) the cartridge conversion kits and cowboy action ammo shipped DIRECTLY to your residence no paperwork or damned guberment involved!!

LONG LIVE THE SOUTH!!!

Last edited by NC1760; 05-31-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Spelled "powder" wrong... Someone was talking to me while typing!
People Like This 
Old 05-31-2013, 12:27 PM   #16

Liked 1905 Times on 1060 Posts
Likes Given: 1253

And there you have it.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1839 Times on 1259 Posts
Likes Given: 671

In NC your local sheriff issues pistol permits. Most sheriffs departments in NC have an officer who does nothing but issue purchase and carry permits. I would consult the officer in your county that handles pistol permits.

People need to remember that most NC gun laws are Jim Crow laws designed to prevent blacks from owning firearms, not laws designed to defeat the Brady bill. Given that these laws are Jim Crow laws they give sheriffs wide latitude in enforcing these laws.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato