Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > North Carolina Gun Forum > North Carolina gun shops

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2012, 02:16 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300k View Post
Hyatt Gun Store in Charlotte.
They say its the biggest gun store in the country...
Yeah but the owner is an A$$ and they are overpriced but they do have a lot of inventory. That was in 04, maybe it has changed since then.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 AM   #12

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300k View Post
I'll beg to differ...I've been told the same about Mackey's Landing, (although I have no verifiable proof) and the folks there are fantastic, was there last week...spent just as much time oogling the inventory as chewing the fat with the owner and his staff...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #13

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300k
The guy tryed 2 offer me $175 for my sig 226 and $200 for my good condition Glock gen 1 , he offered a couple ahead of me $75 for a brand new never shot Rossi .38 revolver I said I'll give you 100 out side the door for it they said sure got revolver ammo and holster box and more for all that lol it talks like a gun shop runs it like a crappy pawn shop and I had 1 guy who didn't know a thing about guns trying 2 sale 1 to me...

Old 08-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #14

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 764

Hyatt's is one of the highest priced gun stores in the charlotte area.

I got burned by them 10 years ago on a (used) simmons 22mag rifle scope.

if your trying to buy a new firearm from them? RUN!!!! if you dont mind purchasing a used gun from them,its hit or miss. After alot of negotiating & arm twisting,I walked out w/a very good used ruger redhawk 44.mag for $400.00 that was about 2 years or so ago.

About 10years ago,I remeber these same azzhats where @ the metrolina expo - gun show & supposably had a Hk Mp5/10mm walk off it was all over the local news for weeks,maybe this is why there prices are so jacked up!!!! (trying to get that 10,000,000 back)

as for the biggest gun shop in N.C. i was working out of town in fayetteville,on the way back stopped at a gun store that had over 10,000 guns on there floor,racks,walls,ceiling,counters,ect.

They had everything from used $100.00 NAA mini revolvers to $60,000 double barreled rifles! & tons of those $20,000 dollar shotguns

what sucks the most! I dont remember the name of the place?

Old 09-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default eds gun shop

Ed's Gun Shop
5560 US 1 HWY
Vass, NC 28394
(910) 692-7936
(910) 692-4867 fax
sales@edsgunshop.com or vilorio2005@aol.com

Great service and help.
Especially knowledgeable in muzzle loading

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

vincent Likes This 
Old 10-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #16

Liked 171 Times on 105 Posts
Likes Given: 144

I use Orion Firearms in Indian Trail . His smitty prices are reasonable not much inventory but he will order any FFL product you need. I'm not a knee jerk weapons buyer either but if I get the bug, go to Beltway pawn & gun in Matthews for that, btw was in there yesterday a seen a SMLE #5 Jungle Carbine that was a DOG for 550 , mine in better shape still with leather sling didn't know the price point has jumped like that for these weapons . Mickey

Old 11-01-2012, 02:21 AM   #17

Liked 1037 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Vincet , have you been over to patriot shooting in youngsville beside griffins ?
I love that store , good kids that run that place , we get riled up alot in there .
Hunters haven can kiss my ass , more of a bow shop than anything else , no knowledge of firearms whatsoever and care nothing for having a conversation .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 11-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #18

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Vincet , have you been over to patriot shooting in youngsville beside griffins ?
I love that store , good kids that run that place , we get riled up alot in there .
Hunters haven can kiss my ass , more of a bow shop than anything else , no knowledge of firearms whatsoever and care nothing for having a conversation .
Yes, I have and agree about the folks that run it...really polite and accommodating. The only drawback is the place is too damn small...

Didn't get the same from Hunter's Haven, slightly more inventory but their markup was ridiculous...I get it, they have to make a living too but for me it's unreasonable...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #19

Liked 1037 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 538

the boys at patriot are vets and also do alot of contract work down at ft bragg.
they did drop the ball and lost a sale to me on a new raging bull taurus

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:25 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Handgunners in Burlington is in my no go list. Owner is a real piece of work.

Newest Threads