Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > North Carolina Gun Forum > I'm next!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Holy crap, I think we might be related or something! What bands have you been in? I'm a hack job garage guy but we still jam twice a week. And how in Hades...(some poeple call it Hell, I call it Hades...) did you end up in Cary??? That area is just...well, you know. We'll save a place for ya in the sticks...plenty of room...so far.
Too many to list. I played in almost every situation I could get. The longest gig I had was with The Distance...(an alternative band that was a cross between the Knack and the Cult). We opened, played and toured with Corrosion of Conformity, Concrete Blonde and the Neighborhoods (BEST BAR BAND OF ALL TIME!!!).
Now, how I wound up in CARY... I meet a girl in '86 from Long Island who was down here going to NC State... and she fell in love (and honestly...with me, who wouldn't). We married, got careers going and adopted a Ukrainian orphan... she wanted to live in a neighborhood with good schools... the fact that i am surrounded by carpetbag... er, I mean transplants (even though she will deny it) makes here feel even more comfort. So for now... for my family, my son has a sport he loves (hockey) and he's in a hub for that...and he's in a great school district... But soon he'll be in college or the military and I'm selling this place... moving to the country, building a still and do what I WANT TO DO... make hooch, raise Rhodesian Ridgebacks, leather crafting and gunsmithing...Maybe put another band together and hit the road picking fights with other bands HALF our age!!!

Old 02-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #12

Default Re: NC1760....

Nothing wrong with your up bringing! You know the good side of life.
I left out a couple of things I remember well that I should have added.
Being greeted by the big bay mare every morning when I entered the barn.
Getting a gallon of oats from the barrel and disturbing the 20 or so mice that were in the barrel to have breakfast.
Then going to school with hog chop on the sides of my overalls as the hog pen was always far from the barn and down wind from the farm.
Ours was a chicken farm in the 40's. big house for that day, about 40 feet long and they had to be watered and fed twice daily. Then there was that mean ole rooster!
Ahhh! To go back, sit at the table on Sunday at grannies and taste the golden fried chicken, then out onto the front porch for the evening.
I guess we have to kick back and dream a little dream of those days.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #13

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1360

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberLover View Post
Nothing wrong with your up bringing! You know the good side of life.
Ahhh! To go back, sit at the table on Sunday at grannies and taste the golden fried chicken, then out onto the front porch for the evening.
Telling you man... You learn never to cross Granny after you see her go into the yard on a Saturday afternoon, grab a chicken, ring it's neck like she was cranking a model T Ford, chop it's head off and then hand you the still moving bird and say "Here boy... pluck this clean while I change my clothes. I'll gut it and fry it up for our diner when I get back.".....
Her secret was a buttermilk dunk and crackermeal w/ fresh ground pepper. She made the best squash cassarole too!!