Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   North Carolina Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f146/)
-   -   I'm next!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f146/im-next-58024/)

swampace 02-17-2012 10:37 PM

I'm next!!

Hello everyone, I'm in southeastern NC. The Port City area. Long live the South!

downsouth 02-17-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swampace
Hello everyone, I'm in southeastern NC. The Port City area. Long live the South!

Hell yea from Mississippi on long live the south! you NC boys are alright!

vincent 02-17-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 711966)
Hell yea from Mississippi on long live the south! you NC boys are alright!

Beat me to it!! Was gonna say the same about you Mississippi boys!!! :cool:

swampace 02-17-2012 11:03 PM

Southern born, southern bred, be a southern boy till the day I'm dead!!!!

Charyoutree 02-18-2012 03:10 AM

Mississippi boy that now lives in the Tarheel State here. Lots of history and heritage in both places and proud to call both home!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

KimberLover 02-18-2012 01:27 PM

Raised on a dirt farm in the foothills of NC. Hunted and spent my younger years in the woods. Had my first gun when I was 10.
All the neighbors knew everyone, and we hunted everwhere. Heated the house and cooked with wood. Hitched a team to the old wagon, plow and sled often. Bought my first buggy and hames for $35 when I was 15. Went swimming in the Yadkin river in the summer. Spent the lazy days of summer making images of the clouds in the sky. Listened to the radio and used my imagination to be in the story. Took the girls to the barn loft for the pleasures of the "Y". Awwww to go back and do it again. Alas, here I sit, too old to run the woods, but I enjoyed every minute of it all. Bet you guys can tell some great stories. What the young folks are missing is how we were raised to respect others with "yes mam" and "yes sir".

NC1760 02-22-2012 04:52 PM

Begging your pardon there Kimber.... but I still say it (and raise my 10 year old boy to do the same).... I keep telling him that good manners, a firm hand shake, honesty and keeping your word will open doors for you in life...and give you a real leg up when coupled with an education and good work ethic.... and yes, he got his first gun (Marlin 795) young too (age 8). We go shooting whenever we can fit it in between work, school and hockey (he plays...).

Even though I currently live in Cary (just West of Raleigh... stands for "Collected Area of Relocated Yankees") I was raised on a family farm in Garner.... Got up every morning at 5 to feed the animals (the animals ate before you did). My father worked for the SBI and my mother was a school teacher by trade (I didn't get away with anything!!) and in my youth I bought my first car (68 mustang) for $1500.... had several jobs after school and during the Summers (including priming tobacco... and NOTHING will make you appreciate an education more than that!!) played drums for several different area bands... played everything from Ramones to Rockabilly and had a mowhawk haircut too!! But time marches on.... I'm mid 40's now and looking forward to retiring and moving BACK out to the country and getting some elbow room!!! I hate that I currently have a life style where I have to got to the store and purchase everything!!! I want a garden, chickens, my own fresh cut timber and to get as far off the grid as possible. I want to be able to shoot on my own land without the cops showing up... to open my back dog to let my dog out and NOT worry about him getting hit by a car. A simple dream, but it's mine... just gotta wait till my son is grown and outta here!!

GO CANES!!!!

jon1992d 02-22-2012 05:15 PM

You guys dont know how lucky you are to live down in the sticks! What i wouldnt give to be in the hills of kentucky or tennesee. I got 19 years under my belt and all if em have been living in western pa just north pittsburgh. Im stuck with all the wanna be ghetto and gangster people that never so much as planted a corn seed. I turned my small backyard into a garden and tossed in some fruit trees and thats as close as im gonna get to the farm for now.

NC1760 02-22-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon1992d (Post 716995)
You guys dont know how lucky you are to live down in the sticks! What i wouldnt give to be in the hills of kentucky or tennesee. I got 19 years under my belt and all if em have been living in western pa just north pittsburgh. Im stuck with all the wanna be ghetto and gangster people that never so much as planted a corn seed.

Okay... but look at the bright side... You got the Pens and at least they're going to the playoffs!!.... I'll tell you this, if Nawth Cackalakee puts in another toll road I'll go the extra couple of miles West when I retire and live in Tennesee!! Having no turnpike authority (or unions) to deal with was what made us an attactive business magnet back in the '80s. The current crop of money-grabbing politicos here seem to have forgotten that!!

vincent 02-22-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NC1760 (Post 716979)
Begging your pardon there Kimber.... but I still say it (and raise my 10 year old boy to do the same).... I keep telling him that good manners, a firm hand shake, honesty and keeping your word will open doors for you in life...and give you a real leg up when coupled with an education and good work ethic.... and yes, he got his first gun (Marlin 795) young too (age 8). We go shooting whenever we can fit it in between work, school and hockey (he plays...).

Even though I currently live in Cary (just West of Raleigh... stands for "Collected Area of Relocated Yankees") I was raised on a family farm in Garner.... Got up every morning at 5 to feed the animals (the animals ate before you did). My father worked for the SBI and my mother was a school teacher by trade (I didn't get away with anything!!) and in my youth I bought my first car (68 mustang) for $1500.... had several jobs after school and during the Summers (including priming tobacco... and NOTHING will make you appreciate an education more than that!!) played drums for several different area bands... played everything from Ramones to Rockabilly and had a mowhawk haircut too!! But time marches on.... I'm mid 40's now and looking forward to retiring and moving BACK out to the country and getting some elbow room!!! I hate that I currently have a life style where I have to got to the store and purchase everything!!! I want a garden, chickens, my own fresh cut timber and to get as far off the grid as possible. I want to be able to shoot on my own land without the cops showing up... to open my back dog to let my dog out and NOT worry about him getting hit by a car. A simple dream, but it's mine... just gotta wait till my son is grown and outta here!!

GO CANES!!!!

Holy crap, I think we might be related or something! :D What bands have you been in? I'm a hack job garage guy but we still jam twice a week. And how in Hades...(some poeple call it Hell, I call it Hades...:D) did you end up in Cary??? :eek: That area is just...well, you know. We'll save a place for ya in the sticks...plenty of room...so far. :cool: