Hagan soft on guns
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > North Carolina Gun Forum > Hagan soft on guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 04:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Default Hagan soft on guns

Quote:
Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting me about the ongoing debate on how to reduce gun violence in our nation. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this important issue, and encourage you to stay in contact with me as this debate progresses.

In recent months, lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have discussed steps we can take to reduce gun violence. I believe we must take a comprehensive approach to reducing gun violence that examines all relevant issues, such access to firearms, mental healthcare, and the prevalence of violence in video games and media. Additionally, we must do a better job of enforcing the laws that are already on the books. I do support tougher penalties for those who violate gun trafficking laws, efforts to increase safety at schools, and improvements to our mental health care system to make sure people get the help they need before a violent tragedy occurs. I do not support changing the current law banning a national registry of firearms, and will continue supporting the rights of responsible gun owners.

I am a firm believer in our citizens' Second Amendment rights to protect themselves and their families, and my voting record in Washington reflects that. With this in mind, I feel that commonsense reforms are possible to ensure those who are already prohibited from owning firearms - such as criminals or the mentally ill - do not have illegal access to them. I pledge to be sensitive to your thoughts and concerns as gun violence legislation come before the Senate.

Again, thank you for contacting my office. It is truly an honor to represent North Carolina in the United States Senate, and I hope you will not hesitate to contact me in the future should you have any further questions or concerns. If you would like to stay informed on my work in the Senate, you can sign up for my e-newsletter, follow me on Twitter at @SenatorHagan, or visit my Facebook page.
There is some good news in this email, but she did leave herself quite a bit of room and used some coined phrases the anti-gunners like to throw around.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #2

Liked 670 Times on 370 Posts
Likes Given: 1414

Default Kay Hagan

...Sounds more like she's straddling a Democrat party line. Her official website states she is pro-2a... and she did vote to stop US from joining UN Arms Trade Treaty with Republican Burr. I'm keeping an eye on it (...and her).

Now that IDIOT David Price .... He's gotta go!!
http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/119/david-price/37/guns#.UWCSZpOG3Qg

Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #3

Mel Watt is also an enemy of the people.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #4

I also listened to an interview with hagan (about the violence against women act) where she was for magazine restrictions and background checks.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 04-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8691 Times on 3764 Posts
Likes Given: 1336

Quote:
magazine restrictions
Well, even if they don't LIKE those magazines, the 1st Amendment says they have a right to print them.

And I only get them for the articles in them......

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 10-27-2013, 03:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1497 Times on 1014 Posts
Likes Given: 522

I am going to support Tillis even though Hagan has a lot of sweat equity in DC. She sends emails saying she has done all this and that for veterans. A couple months later when I get into fact finding nothing has changed. Something is going to change, one of the NC senators.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 11-12-2013, 11:41 AM   #7

Liked 284 Times on 199 Posts

Hagan is just a big big government progressive and a part of the big banking elite. She will do what the powers at the Fed and big bank cartels tell her to do. She'll speak to the right and quietly govern for the left.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1497 Times on 1014 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Here is an article on Senator Hagan's campaign and the promises she is making.
http://www.nraila.org/Hagan
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/city-hall/2013/11/8536203/michelle-obama-solicits-big-ol-fat-checks-keep-senate-democratic
http://m.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/11/18/remarks-first-lady-dscc-women-senators-event

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 11-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #9

Liked 284 Times on 199 Posts

Is there anybody running against her yet? It would be nice to have Hagan back in the banking world, but I haven't heard of a viable opponent yet. If the vote just goes by party lines she'll win due to money and the Dems voting schemes.

Old 11-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #10

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
Is there anybody running against her yet? It would be nice to have Hagan back in the banking world, but I haven't heard of a viable opponent yet. If the vote just goes by party lines she'll win due to money and the Dems voting schemes.
House Speaker Thom Tillis and State Senator Phil Berger are the two names that have been mentioned although I'm not sure if either has announced their candidacy for her seat...

I'd heard a while back that Renee Elmers was in a good spot to knock Hagan off...(knocking her out would be better... ) but not sure if she'll run either...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting