Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > North Carolina Gun Forum > Gunsmiths in the WNC area?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Gunsmiths in the WNC area?

Specifically in the Asheville area.

I have a Winchester Model 52C that I'm itching to put a scope on(old eyes alas) and would love to see some recommendations for known quality. I don't know the first thing about smithing and thus do not know how to pick one out. My dad was was a steady hand and took care of his own stuff, I was a wild in the woods kid and didn't pick up any of his gun-work abilities aside from tearing them down and cleaning them.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

Default Asheville area gunsmiths...???

First off... I have to admit I don't live near you (I'm in the Raleigh metro area)... But I would either contact your local gun club, firearms dealer or shooting outfitter like Morrison's Guns Specialties (828) 665-0404, or maybe Franklin's Outdoor (828) 253-7925... and see if they can recommend someone.

I do however, know there is a gunsmith in Waynesville 36 miles down the road from Asheville; http://www.greyhawkarmory.com/ ...I dropped by there last week while in the mountains on vacation.... Didn't use them for any service work... but they do it.

Good luck and safe shooting.