Coming home to Carteret
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > North Carolina Gun Forum >

Coming home to Carteret

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 07:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Coming home to Carteret

I've been out of state since the last century, but will be coming home this fall. What do I need to look out for in eastern NC? What good things are going on? Is there a movement toward Constitutional Carry?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 809 Times on 454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrsgodi View Post
I've been out of state since the last century, but will be coming home this fall. What do I need to look out for in eastern NC? What good things are going on? Is there a movement toward Constitutional Carry?

Gun laws here are pretty tame. You can CCW with a license or open carry in most places. The governor made it possible to carry in parks and Bars now. The bar thing I don't get. What part of carteret are you moving to. I use to date a girl from Harkers. She was a high tider. Talk real funny. A mix of southern and English accent.

Old 09-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #3

Liked 1323 Times on 951 Posts
Likes Given: 659

Quote:
Pretty lax but the pill heads are flippin rampant round them parts , lil more towards the banks and sea level area .

I too use to date a high tidwer , Gaskill girl , she was a ecu student from Atlantic '' literally '' the end of hwy 70 lol . Use to have to make trips down there and back , drive from Youngsville to greenville then to atlantic , biggest BFE place I have ever seen , run off the road and your dead , get your groceries before high tide or your *ucked .

The 2 darkest places I have ever been on this earth is in a cave and Atlantic Nc when the power goes off in a storm .
Only time I have ever been outside in pure darkness .

There are some LIberal hot spots around there , not too many but the ones that are are red hot , New Bern is one for sure . MIL has a place at Fair field Harbor and I refuse to go any more

Welcome back , good luck and lock up .

Oh and you had BETTER learn your fishing seasons and become a walking encyclopedia on oysters or else you will nothing to talk about to anyone hence no friends .
If you spot a red person dont be afraid , its called a drinkers tan and dont mess with the local fishing guys and damn sure watch what field or forest you go into , its most likely military and they dont play nice either

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 809 Times on 454 Posts

Yep. I like the town of Williston. Every bodies last name is Willis. I like driving through duplin county and taking pictures of all the meth signs. Haha.
MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 09-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #5

I do miss the house with the 1 gazillion Christmas lights in their yard , can not remember where it was though , the power company gives them 1 month of free power b/c its such a big deal in that area

and i never did stop by the guy with all the trucks and equipment junk yard beside his house

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 09-25-2014, 09:54 PM   #6

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Down East

Interesting perspective on the Carteret area! My retirement home is in that fishing area near Harker's Island. And all those swamps in the river basins can get scary.

But I was more curious about county law enforcement and city administrators, and their attitudes about open carry. Anyone from there have answers?

Old 09-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #7

It is pretty lax from what I recall . We rode atvs EVERYWHERE , hell ride the to the bank , grocery store , work and even wave at the LEOs when you pass them driving down the road . Of course the further you get back to the big cities they kinda frown on it .
Most of the leos are local boys and I dont think you will have any 2a issues around there

Old 10-11-2014, 04:14 AM   #8

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Saounds loik hoem to me!

Got family connections Down East. Three of the little communities south of 70. My lord honey don't she get dark at noit! I'm looking forward to night time nutria hunts and the bears. Big bears.

Old 10-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #9

I use to drive my honda rancher from the shore out to the banks at low tide , talk about a sketchy ride , water up over the bars with only about 5 more inches of snorkel left .

AT NIGHT

Old 10-11-2014, 03:13 PM   #10
hmh

Liked 189 Times on 128 Posts

Harker island was named after my ancestors.