Why New York is the way it is

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Why New York is the way it is

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 12:41 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Default Why New York is the way it is

I was watching Cavuto on Fox this afternoon and one of his guests was Ken Langer, I'm not positive of the the last name I was too busy screaming at my television.... He was co-founder of Home Depot. Anyhow he was talking about how he was going to host a Republicans for Cuomo rally. He was very clear how he, like King Andy are very concerned how so many people are leaving the state. Cavuto seemed to be having a hard time taking him serious but I sure was. How pathetic, if the Republican party ever wants to figure out why they are a second rate party here's your clue! You have jackass rich guys calling themselves Republicans aligning themselves with the dictators of our day. Dictators and fascists and they wonder "why is everyone who possibly can is leaving this freaking toilet of a once great state for a state where a man can be free and live as he sees fit. What a dumbass.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #2

Liked 44 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheadwayne View Post
He was very clear how he, like King Andy are very concerned how so many people are leaving the state.
Perhaps he should actually talk to Kim Jong Cuomo about this. Maybe they he'd realize that the dear leader doesn't share his concerns about people leaving the state. In fact, King Andy actually told lots of people he doesn't want them in the state anymore.

SCOPE Memeber

Old 02-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3098 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 383

I would've expected Cuomo to be treated as toxic.
"Republicans for Cuomo" will have plenty of available parking I suspect. (Hell. I'd bet that he's not especially loved by a fair number of upstate Dems.)
On the off chance that any elected republicans show up, the names need to written down for future reference so they can be appropriately run out of office.
Change the text on the sign and this is is what I suspect it will look like:

borpo.jpg  
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?
People Like This 
Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1775 Times on 1095 Posts
Likes Given: 9861

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARFAB View Post
Perhaps he should actually talk to Kim Jong Cuomo about this. Maybe they he'd realize that the dear leader doesn't share his concerns about people leaving the state. In fact, King Andy actually told lots of people he doesn't want them in the state anymore.
And this is why my location has moved about an hour west of where it was.

My family and I felt it was time to move to a state that is not run by it's southern most sewer. I think that now would be a good time to start a petition to seperate NY into 2 different states. Give the City everything south of Orange an Rockland Counties, and the can keep Andy to boot. Let the Northern part of the state run it's self. Since it would be another state, we could raise the gas, electric, and water rates to recoup some of the money we have lost to them over the years.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:29 AM   #5

Liked 409 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Don't know why you guys are surprised. Big business has always been a whore when it comes to politics. They'll hedge their bets every time. Just check their donations to the respective parties. It's public record.

Old 02-28-2014, 02:36 AM   #6

Liked 2606 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

There's lots of folks moving to NY.

Now that there's gun control,

all the criminals know they're safe there.

So Cuomo's got nothing to worry about.

He'll have plenty of people...

Old 02-28-2014, 03:28 AM   #7

Liked 2774 Times on 1249 Posts
Likes Given: 2663

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Don't know why you guys are surprised. Big business has always been a whore when it comes to politics. They'll hedge their bets every time. Just check their donations to the respective parties. It's public record.
If it wasn't for big business we wouldn't have the standard of living that we have in this country. If trying to keep these politicians from destroying business makes them whores then so be it. If there are no businesses then there is no work. No work means you don't eat. Big businesses need small businesses to supply them. If big business goes down it all goes down.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #8

Liked 44 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
If it wasn't for big business we wouldn't have the standard of living that we have in this country. If trying to keep these politicians from destroying business makes them whores then so be it. If there are no businesses then there is no work. No work means you don't eat. Big businesses need small businesses to supply them. If big business goes down it all goes down.
I like businesses big and small. As long as they aren't helping to take away my rights. By supporting wannabe dictators like Cuomo they are helping to take away my rights. That makes me want to move out of state. My moving out of state doesn't help businesses in New York State, or New York State itself because they would lose my tax revenue.
SCOPE Memeber

Old 03-01-2014, 06:24 AM   #9
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

I'm sorry for folks who are true Americans in NY that have to deal with this. I left for good on 1/3/12...only been back 2X for Biz since then...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...