Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Show your neighbors your true feelings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7308

Default Show your neighbors your true feelings

http://scopeny.org/

SCOPE is a pro-2A group here in NY stae, that is fighting to get the safe act repealed. Even if you don't join them, at least pick up a couple of their repeal t-shirts or a yard sign. The funds raised will help to fight this blatant attack on the 2A. Check out the link, and join the fight.

Here's what I ordered.

101_0712.jpg   101_0713.jpg  

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 09-18-2013 at 05:38 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5612 Times on 2776 Posts
Likes Given: 5976

I think im gonna get one of the lawn signs, my neighbor put his up a couple months ago!

Old 09-20-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Sent an e-mail to SCOPE this morning with an idea for a new sign. A friend of mine just got back from his wife's family reunion out in Orange County. Right before he left, he put one of his yard signs on the back of their RV. He took 2 sign brackets and secured them to the ladder with hose clamps. Not only did it stat put the whole trip, it started a lot of parking lot conversations which included many a question of: "Where can I get one of those signs?"

In my e-mail I suggested making a smaller magnetic version of the yard sign for cars and trucks. I think that we could spread the word a lot farther with them on our vehicles, along with the ones in our yards. More folks would probably order the ones for the cars than the yard ones if they were made available. If I hear back from them I'll let you all know. Until then, keep fighting NY, we can win this!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 09-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 630 Times on 434 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I'm so glad I left ny last year for tx used to live in Newburgh so I needed a gun just to go to the corner store

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 09-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
...In my e-mail I suggested making a smaller magnetic version of the yard sign for cars and trucks. I think that we could spread the word a lot farther with them on our vehicles, along with the ones in our yards. More folks would probably order the ones for the cars than the yard ones if they were made available. If I hear back from them I'll let you all know. Until then, keep fighting NY, we can win this!
Bumper stickers would be harder for the anti-gunners to remove than magnetic signs, as would inside window stickers.

Personally, I think a nice twist would be a sign based on the traditional "LOST DOG" sign posted around many neighborhoods in a time of loss. Perhaps: "LOST RIGHTS! Help us reverse the SAFE ACT and restore our rights as citizens" with a picture of a flag drooping sadly in the center of the sign?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 09-20-2013 at 07:52 PM.
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 09-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #6
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Bumper stickers would be harder for the anti-gunners to remove than magnetic signs, as would inside window stickers.

Personally, I think a nice twist would be a sign based on the traditional "LOST DOG" sign posted around many neighborhoods in a time of loss. Perhaps: "LOST RIGHTS! Help us reverse the SAFE ACT and restore our rights as citizens" with a picture of a flag drooping sadly in the center of the sign?
I like it. That would be a lot of fun to put up in some of our more liberal communities.

They do have bumper stickers, but sadly, none of them address the safe act. maybe I'll shoot them another e-mail.

Si vis pacem parabellum.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancslaughter View Post
I'm so glad I left ny last year for tx used to live in Newburgh so I needed a gun just to go to the corner store
The wife and I are saving up relocation funds ourselves. Western PA, or Eastern Ohio for now, as we still have some family in this area we want to stay within a couple hours of "home".

Glad you got out, especially from that particular level of he!!. Been to Newburgh once. had to help a cousin move from there to NC a few years back. One of the few times I have ever slept in my truck with a shotgun across my lap. And yes, it was with one eye open.

Si vis pacem parabellum.