Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New York Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/)
-   -   Show your neighbors your true feelings (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/show-your-neighbors-your-true-feelings-97269/)

kfox75 09-18-2013 05:35 PM

Show your neighbors your true feelings

2 Attachment(s)
http://scopeny.org/

SCOPE is a pro-2A group here in NY stae, that is fighting to get the safe act repealed. Even if you don't join them, at least pick up a couple of their repeal t-shirts or a yard sign. The funds raised will help to fight this blatant attack on the 2A. Check out the link, and join the fight.

Here's what I ordered.

WebleyFosbery38 09-19-2013 10:00 AM

I think im gonna get one of the lawn signs, my neighbor put his up a couple months ago!

kfox75 09-20-2013 05:40 PM

Sent an e-mail to SCOPE this morning with an idea for a new sign. A friend of mine just got back from his wife's family reunion out in Orange County. Right before he left, he put one of his yard signs on the back of their RV. He took 2 sign brackets and secured them to the ladder with hose clamps. Not only did it stat put the whole trip, it started a lot of parking lot conversations which included many a question of: "Where can I get one of those signs?"

In my e-mail I suggested making a smaller magnetic version of the yard sign for cars and trucks. I think that we could spread the word a lot farther with them on our vehicles, along with the ones in our yards. More folks would probably order the ones for the cars than the yard ones if they were made available. If I hear back from them I'll let you all know. Until then, keep fighting NY, we can win this!

seancslaughter 09-20-2013 07:15 PM

I'm so glad I left ny last year for tx used to live in Newburgh so I needed a gun just to go to the corner store

orangello 09-20-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kfox75 (Post 1378319)
...In my e-mail I suggested making a smaller magnetic version of the yard sign for cars and trucks. I think that we could spread the word a lot farther with them on our vehicles, along with the ones in our yards. More folks would probably order the ones for the cars than the yard ones if they were made available. If I hear back from them I'll let you all know. Until then, keep fighting NY, we can win this!

Bumper stickers would be harder for the anti-gunners to remove than magnetic signs, as would inside window stickers.

Personally, I think a nice twist would be a sign based on the traditional "LOST DOG" sign posted around many neighborhoods in a time of loss. Perhaps: "LOST RIGHTS! Help us reverse the SAFE ACT and restore our rights as citizens" with a picture of a flag drooping sadly in the center of the sign?

kfox75 09-20-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 1378405)
Bumper stickers would be harder for the anti-gunners to remove than magnetic signs, as would inside window stickers.

Personally, I think a nice twist would be a sign based on the traditional "LOST DOG" sign posted around many neighborhoods in a time of loss. Perhaps: "LOST RIGHTS! Help us reverse the SAFE ACT and restore our rights as citizens" with a picture of a flag drooping sadly in the center of the sign?

I like it. That would be a lot of fun to put up in some of our more liberal communities. :D

They do have bumper stickers, but sadly, none of them address the safe act. maybe I'll shoot them another e-mail.

kfox75 09-20-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seancslaughter (Post 1378393)
I'm so glad I left ny last year for tx used to live in Newburgh so I needed a gun just to go to the corner store

The wife and I are saving up relocation funds ourselves. Western PA, or Eastern Ohio for now, as we still have some family in this area we want to stay within a couple hours of "home".

Glad you got out, especially from that particular level of he!!. Been to Newburgh once. had to help a cousin move from there to NC a few years back. One of the few times I have ever slept in my truck with a shotgun across my lap. And yes, it was with one eye open.