Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license" - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Wally World is a pain in the butt. The morons that work there do not understand anything. Before they sold me certain calibers I had to get a list of my handguns from the sheriff. They said I could have written it on my original permit. It was a joke. I but from Dick and Cabelas when I need to buy local or online when I want bulk ammo.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_cigar View Post
Wally World is a pain in the butt. The morons that work there do not understand anything. Before they sold me certain calibers I had to get a list of my handguns from the sheriff. They said I could have written it on my original permit. It was a joke. I but from Dick and Cabelas when I need to buy local or online when I want bulk ammo.
Wally world in my county just needs to see the green...

Old 07-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #63
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9542 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

You are dealing with a clerk that does not understand the law. Ammo that is multi-use, such as 22 LR, can be sold at 18 UNLESS clerk has knowledge it IS for a handgun. Would point out that one reason for the increase in sales of .410 shotshells is for use in a REVOLVER. Do they make you show a pistol permit when buying shotshells?

But remember it is not your job to smarten up a chump. Go find a REAL gun shop. They need and WANT your business.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #64

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I would like to buy my ammo at local gun stores but it's just too friggen expensive. Sounds bad but I know.

9mm
Walmart: $11
gun-shop: $17

Thankfully here in FL there's no crazy legality issues. And one of the local Walmarts the dude actually seemed halfway knowledgeable about firearms. So that was a pleasant surprise haha

Old 07-06-2012, 11:09 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by naf84 View Post
I would like to buy my ammo at local gun stores but it's just too friggen expensive. Sounds bad but I know.

9mm
Walmart: $11
gun-shop: $17

Thankfully here in FL there's no crazy legality issues. And one of the local Walmarts the dude actually seemed halfway knowledgeable about firearms. So that was a pleasant surprise haha
try shopping online. you can genereally get good ammo for about 11 to 12 bucks if you look around and wait for sales.

i can get Sellier n bellot for 10.50 from sportsmans guide
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #66

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Just guessing, but Walmart corp. probably knows that the clerks in the stores don't have a clue about federal or state laws so they have policies set up to avoid any chance of them making an illegal sale. Here, when they rang up ammo the register was set up to ask them for info as to use for the ammo & age of the buyer. Now, I think the bar code tells them if it is handgun ammo & if it can also be used in long guns, probably defaults to handgun & all they need to know is age. Thankfully, being Texas, they don't have to see permits.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:02 AM   #67

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1

try shopping online. you can genereally get good ammo for about 11 to 12 bucks if you look around and wait for sales.

i can get Sellier n bellot for 10.50 from sportsmans guide
Meh haha i'd rather not wait.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #68

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee
Thankfully, being Texas, they don't have to see permits.
Same here in NH. LOVE it!

Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 PM   #69

Liked 699 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 1107

Never had much of a problem with Walmart. Just one time they had ten boxes of Federal 9mm I wanted to purchase all ten and the clerk told me that I could only purchase nine, saying it was policy that a person cannot buyout a caliber unless there was only one left.

My wife purchase the last one.

Last edited by beaglesam; 07-07-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:35 PM   #70

Liked 2027 Times on 1116 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

We have two of the Super Walmarts where I live. They both sell guns and ammo. I havent bought ammo in years because I reload. And I bought several thousand rounds of 22lr back when Obama got elected. But both Walmarts in my area have been happy to hand guns to me no questions asked. I ask to see it. They hand it to me. This is Colorado though. Cabelas walks you to the parking lot with gun purchases though.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.