Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

The county I lived in didn't even give out carry permits until about 3 years ago and you still have to have a damn good reason to get one other then just because.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #52
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8392 Times on 3630 Posts
Likes Given: 1292

To all of our Northern neighbors that have had it with your home states- Y'all come on down!

Other than a Concealed Carry license, in Virginia, we do not know what a pistol permit IS. Purchase takes a couple of minutes. If you are a hunter, deer season lasts 2 months.

Yes, it gets humid here in the South. Never had to shovel 3 ft of humid off the driveway. Of course, it may take you a while to get used to having one less zero on the sale price of a house.....

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19859 Times on 11278 Posts
Likes Given: 50052

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
To all of our Northern neighbors that have had it with your home states- Y'all come on down!

Other than a Concealed Carry license, in Virginia, we do not know what a pistol permit IS. Purchase takes a couple of minutes. If you are a hunter, deer season lasts 2 months.

Yes, it gets humid here in the South. Never had to shovel 3 ft of humid off the driveway. Of course, it may take you a while to get used to having one less zero on the sale price of a house.....
that's whats great about the south. upside of the one less zero is when you decide to buy a house!

Old 03-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #54

I don't buy anything from wally world

Old 06-04-2012, 01:05 AM   #55

Liked 12 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm lucky the lady that works in the sporting goods section is a member of the trap field I go to so she knows what's shes doing unlike the 18year olds with "years of experience"😃

Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #56
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1673 Times on 1019 Posts
Likes Given: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I'm pretty sure Bass Pro Shop doesn't, either.
Bass Pro Shops isn't all it's cracked up to be either. Refer to the "Has Bass Pro Shops gone too far?" thread. A Bass Pro Shop in Illinois refused to sell ammo to a Wisconsin resident "because WI passed concealed carry." Other Bass Pro Shops may behave differently, but we contacted BPS central offices and got no useful responses. Plenty of BS and lip service, but no corrective actions.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 06-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #57
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1613 Times on 842 Posts
Likes Given: 1303

I just bought some bulk 9mm Blazer Brass at Gander Mountain. The youngish cashier asked if it was for a handgun or a rifle. I said handgun. He asked if I happened to have my permit on me. I showed him and he rang me up. He didn't write down or punch in any numbers. I don't think it would've mattered if I didn't. I don't think he would have wanted to see it if I said rifle. I've not been asked when I bought just a couple of boxes. Maybe its just a company policy when the purchaser is buying bulk, I don't know. I found it pointless. Anybody else been asked for their permit when buying ammo at Gander?

Old 06-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #58

Liked 185 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 103

New York state SUCKS I grew up in Virginia and i can't wait until i can get my ass back down there. Everything is expensive here and the winters are really starting to make me miserable.

Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #59

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

I've been asked at Walmart and Dick's before in NY but haven't yet anyplace since I moved to NH

Old 07-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #60
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I just bought some bulk 9mm Blazer Brass at Gander Mountain. The youngish cashier asked if it was for a handgun or a rifle. I said handgun. He asked if I happened to have my permit on me. I showed him and he rang me up. He didn't write down or punch in any numbers. I don't think it would've mattered if I didn't. I don't think he would have wanted to see it if I said rifle. I've not been asked when I bought just a couple of boxes. Maybe its just a company policy when the purchaser is buying bulk, I don't know. I found it pointless. Anybody else been asked for their permit when buying ammo at Gander?
NY State law requires the clerk to ask to see a permit for pistol specific ammo, and atleast one pistol, in that caliber, must be listed on the permit for you to purchase it. If you answer pistol, they are required to ask for your permit. Signs are posted in every Wal Mart that I have shopped at in NY. I am lucky in that the only pistols that I have also have an accompanying rifle of the same caliber. I usually answer with "Both." or "Rifle," because that is what comes to mind first. Where it gets interesting for me is picking up .38 special for my .357 magnum. When I have to get that, I just go to Gander or my LGS.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?