Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license" - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance
Not sure if you read the whole article or not but he fired a shot with a crowd of people near by.
I don't agree with this BS but there is a law about shooting in a residential neighborhood.
The cool thing is that the DA office dropped ALL CHARGES.
So...NH doesn't suck as bad as NY after all.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance
Funny thing is, this happened one town over from us.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:54 PM   #43

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I will sure check it out. Have you any info on Davis Lake state park

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-24-2012, 10:58 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
"Easy" is a relative and subjective term.
My last firearm purchase took about two minutes (gunshow cz52), but my last purchase at a FFL took maybe 15 minutes for me to fill out the 4473/second amendment infringment form and for the FFL to call it in while i looked for my next purchase. Ammo-wise, i can remember getting pissed the first time the clerk asked if i was 21 to buy pistol ammo (for the .38 in my glovebox, legally in my glovebox).
I know you like the cz52. I love mine.surplus ammo seems to have dried up. Let me know if you find some. Down to about 200 rounds.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-24-2012, 11:09 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Come on down to Mississippi.
I second the vote for MS. See you would already have a couple of slighty wierd shooting buddies. Don't worry though, we are going to come up with some hair brain scheme that will make us rich. Then we will go from weird, to accentric. Funny how money can change people.

Also kfox, I want to thank you for the pms about diabetes. I really appreciate the time and thoughts you've given.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #46
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1793 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
I keep reminding myself that in 3 years, when my daughter graduates, this will be a non issue. At that point, I will be leaving this hell hole for good. Hopefully for a state with better gun laws!
You'll have a hard time finding one that's worse. Pick at random and your chances are about 47 out of 49 of improving!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 02-25-2012, 06:15 AM   #47
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1552 Times on 950 Posts
Likes Given: 7926

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I second the vote for MS. See you would already have a couple of slighty wierd shooting buddies. Don't worry though, we are going to come up with some hair brain scheme that will make us rich. Then we will go from weird, to accentric. Funny how money can change people.

Also kfox, I want to thank you for the pms about diabetes. I really appreciate the time and thoughts you've given.
Not a problem Downsouth. I was raised to help others when possible. I just don't want another person to wind up going through what I did. Especially a person that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
You'll have a hard time finding one that's worse. Pick at random and your chances are about 47 out of 49 of improving!
True. I think my odds would still be good even if I put a map of the US on a dart board and let 'er rip. I'm pretty much bound to hit a better state than the one I live in.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #48

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

You guys talking about moving, good luck to you, you will be better off on many levels, the taxes, the class of people, and gun laws. Unfortunately, I have a large extended family that loves NY, a any are not gun owners, and I am tied to a business that requires serious attention, I own a building in NYC and can't take it with me if I go.

I am praying for the reciprocity bill to pass, I'll move to Florida, get my carry permit then "visit" New York to collect my rent and live in my vacation home. Wink! I am saving my pennies to pay a lawyer to get my carry permit in NYC, $3,500 for the guy to represent me, but he's the best.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #49

Good luck to ya NY res

Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #50

While not problem free....the whole gun ownership/carry/buy/etc....thing....well..There's NYC and downstate, then there's upstate. No, not a gun owner's paradise, but excluding NYC and all it's bs..upstate is not that much more restictive/paranoid about guns than a bunch of other states