Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license" - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 03:26 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I would support my local dealers if they weren't gigantic dicks, and I don't men the chain store. I mean they're actual penises. Everyone I know says we should support local dealers because they intern support the NRA but the 3 people are me are over priced, douchbags who are elitists with their guns because this is New York, and if you're not a cop, they treat you like persona non grata.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Nothing against our members from NY but.....NY CAN SUCK IT!!!!!!
I second that, suck it NYS . I'm a big boy, I can own and carry a gun, I can bring my own tiny Swiss army knife to the counter without cutting myself or others, and I can have a gun in my home without needing the many state to give me a permit to do so.

Old 02-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance View Post
I second that, suck it NYS . I'm a big boy, I can own and carry a gun, I can bring my own tiny Swiss army knife to the counter without cutting myself or others, and I can have a gun in my home without needing the many state to give me a permit to do so.
It's easy to own a gun in NY. Just go buy one, pass the background check and out you go.Of course pistols are different, depending on your county.My son owns approx 15 long guns, and 4 pistols, the latest being a new Remington R1, .45acp. He has his full CCW permit, and turns 23 this Sept.His latest purchase took approx 7 days from purchase to firing.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

"Easy" is a relative and subjective term.
My last firearm purchase took about two minutes (gunshow cz52), but my last purchase at a FFL took maybe 15 minutes for me to fill out the 4473/second amendment infringment form and for the FFL to call it in while i looked for my next purchase. Ammo-wise, i can remember getting pissed the first time the clerk asked if i was 21 to buy pistol ammo (for the .38 in my glovebox, legally in my glovebox).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
"Easy" is a relative and subjective term.
My last firearm purchase took about two minutes (gunshow cz52), but my last purchase at a FFL took maybe 15 minutes for me to fill out the 4473/second amendment infringment form and for the FFL to call it in while i looked for my next purchase. Ammo-wise, i can remember getting pissed the first time the clerk asked if i was 21 to buy pistol ammo (for the .38 in my glovebox, legally in my glovebox).
Here's a better one. I went to the local Rite Aid to buy some pipe cleaners to clean out the gas ports on my sons SKS. I WAS PROOFED!!!! Hell, I'm 61 years old!! Proofed for pipe cleaners???? At 18 my son could buy any kind of ammo he wanted, but he couldn't get his CO2 tank filled for his paintball markers as he had to be 21...Makes sense to me, NOT!!!!... In NY, you can buy and sell guns at a garage sale. I've seen it many times, all legal. No background check, etc...

Old 02-23-2012, 01:55 PM   #26

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I get much of my ammo at Walmart. I have noticed that the clerk has started to ask the question of the ammo's use, but has not denied to sale, as of yet. I do have a pistol permit, but have not been asked to present it. This must be a new policy; maybe, will be required by law in the near future.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #27
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
I get much of my ammo at Walmart. I have noticed that the clerk has started to ask the question of the ammo's use, but has not denied to sale, as of yet. I do have a pistol permit, but have not been asked to present it. This must be a new policy; maybe, will be required by law in the near future.
It already is required by law in NY. you must present your pistol permit for "pistol specific" ammo and be over 21 as well as the permit must have atleast one firearm in the caliber you are requesting. If no on any point... Denied! My problem with this, what is pistol specific? What calibers? Is there a list behind the desk that I can see as well? This si why I buy ammo at my LGS instead of wal mart. My LGS has a copy of my ID and my permit on record, and they know what i own. Most of what I own was purchased at one of the three shops I frequent, so this simplifies things for me.

I keep reminding myself that in 3 years, when my daughter graduates, this will be a non issue. At that point, I will be leaving this hell hole for good. Hopefully for a state with better gun laws!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 02-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #28

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Come on down to Mississippi.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #29

Liked 88 Times on 56 Posts

New Hampshire buddy. I finally left NY in June 2010 and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-24-2012, 08:06 AM   #30
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1579 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 8166

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Come on down to Mississippi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan16 View Post
New Hampshire buddy. I finally left NY in June 2010 and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
Those are two of the places the wife and I are considering. We were down in Jackson about five years ago and checked out the surrounding area. We liked it. Brennan, we might take the Harley up to New England this summer. If we do we will check it out. Thanks guys.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?