Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"

So I bought my first 10 22 at the orange county gun show last Sunday, good times. So off I go to buy cheap ammo at Walmart. The semi retarded guy asks if I have a license, I say, "do you mean a pistol permit" he says yes, and I say, well I want the ammo for a rifle. He correctly points out that the ammo can be used for pistols, but this is retarded. I know I'm using the word retarded a lot, but after a year of waiting for my pistol permit, in this crap state, that is the best word to describe them.

I ordered online from Cabelas and the ammo is on it's way with no issues so far. Fingers crossed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Wally's is convenient for ammo, but there are better places to buy ammo. I buy there when it is inconvenient to order online. They will have more knowledgable help at a sporting goods/hunting store.

edit* Apologies, didn't realize i was in the NY forum. I'm not sure about the availability of a hunting store for you; if you have one, they might be more understanding than the wally's employee. I am proud of you for persevering through the excessive regulations to pursue the fine sport of shooting.

If it gets to bad there, there is still property available in MS, but it does get hot here.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-21-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Dick's Sporting Goods and Gander Mountain - both near me - don't ask for a handgun license to buy ammo. I'm pretty sure Bass Pro Shop doesn't, either. (A few exits away on the Thruway...haven't been there, yet.)

Wally World isn't worth much these days. The only thing made in America is ammo and you need to beg to get it. Screw 'em.

If the places mentioned above aren't near you, buy online like you did. You shouldn't have any problems.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNYResistance View Post
So I bought my first 10 22 at the orange county gun show last Sunday, good times. So off I go to buy cheap ammo at Walmart. The semi retarded guy asks if I have a license, I say, "do you mean a pistol permit" he says yes, and I say, well I want the ammo for a rifle. He correctly points out that the ammo can be used for pistols, but this is retarded. I know I'm using the word retarded a lot, but after a year of waiting for my pistol permit, in this crap state, that is the best word to describe them.

I ordered online from Cabelas and the ammo is on it's way with no issues so far. Fingers crossed.
you should be just fine. i order ammo all the time and it gets dropped right on my doorstep.. wall aworld is exactly how you put, retarded. hey if they dont want your money. so be it.im pretty sure even tho it might cost a few more bucks i'll be buying my ammo online or at the LGS
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Move to a free State were you don't need a sticking permit.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007 View Post
Move to a free State were you don't need a sticking permit.
I think they are OK on sticks and knives, 007; it's the firearms that are over regulated.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #7
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I think they are OK on sticks and knives, 007; it's the firearms that are over regulated.
No, we need permits to own sticks, too. It's a harsh state....

Old 02-22-2012, 02:08 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the support guys. Funny story, today I went back to Wally world for an emergency outlet plate and thought I'd go to sporting goods and get lucky enough to get a different guy. Perhaps I would get a different answer, no such luck, same dude.

I did see a victorinox spartan I liked and asked the guy to UNLOCK the dangerous instrument for me.

As soon as I said, can I, he said "no" probably thought I was back for ammo, but he listened again, remember, he is mentally off, I let it slide.

So I tell him what I want. He nicely goes, unlocks it, and says, "let me walk you to the cashier with this" a tiny pocket knife people. The cashier takes it, the machine asks, 18 or older? Sadly, she didn't card me, and I was off with my dangerous weapon which includes a corkscrew, ****ing NYS,

Old 02-22-2012, 02:28 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1177 Times on 767 Posts
Likes Given: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Dick's Sporting Goods and Gander Mountain - both near me - don't ask for a handgun license to buy ammo. I'm pretty sure Bass Pro Shop doesn't, either. (A few exits away on the Thruway...haven't been there, yet.)

Wally World isn't worth much these days. The only thing made in America is ammo and you need to beg to get it. Screw 'em.

If the places mentioned above aren't near you, buy online like you did. You shouldn't have any problems.
so bkt, do you go to the gander mt. near market place mall? my best friend works behind the gun counter there
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 AM   #10

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

NYR...I just can't wrap my little pea brain around that, for .22lr, or any ammo for that matter, to refuse to sell to you...is just...well, you know. I mean, around here you can't swing a dead cat around by the tail...(sorry 'Gello) without hitting 10 places dying to unload stock. Just so sorry you guys have to deal with this stuff.... Always a place in Dixie for ya!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting