Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   New York Gun Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/)
-   -   Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f145/refused-22-lr-my-local-walmart-lack-license-58436/)

TheNYResistance 02-21-2012 07:40 PM

Was refused 22 LR at my local Walmart for lack of a "license"
 
So I bought my first 10 22 at the orange county gun show last Sunday, good times. So off I go to buy cheap ammo at Walmart. The semi retarded guy asks if I have a license, I say, "do you mean a pistol permit" he says yes, and I say, well I want the ammo for a rifle. He correctly points out that the ammo can be used for pistols, but this is retarded. I know I'm using the word retarded a lot, but after a year of waiting for my pistol permit, in this crap state, that is the best word to describe them.

I ordered online from Cabelas and the ammo is on it's way with no issues so far. Fingers crossed.

orangello 02-21-2012 07:48 PM

Wally's is convenient for ammo, but there are better places to buy ammo. I buy there when it is inconvenient to order online. They will have more knowledgable help at a sporting goods/hunting store.

edit* Apologies, didn't realize i was in the NY forum. I'm not sure about the availability of a hunting store for you; if you have one, they might be more understanding than the wally's employee. I am proud of you for persevering through the excessive regulations to pursue the fine sport of shooting.

If it gets to bad there, there is still property available in MS, but it does get hot here.
;)

bkt 02-21-2012 08:34 PM

Dick's Sporting Goods and Gander Mountain - both near me - don't ask for a handgun license to buy ammo. I'm pretty sure Bass Pro Shop doesn't, either. (A few exits away on the Thruway...haven't been there, yet.)

Wally World isn't worth much these days. The only thing made in America is ammo and you need to beg to get it. Screw 'em.

If the places mentioned above aren't near you, buy online like you did. You shouldn't have any problems.

jjfuller1 02-21-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNYResistance (Post 716101)
So I bought my first 10 22 at the orange county gun show last Sunday, good times. So off I go to buy cheap ammo at Walmart. The semi retarded guy asks if I have a license, I say, "do you mean a pistol permit" he says yes, and I say, well I want the ammo for a rifle. He correctly points out that the ammo can be used for pistols, but this is retarded. I know I'm using the word retarded a lot, but after a year of waiting for my pistol permit, in this crap state, that is the best word to describe them.

I ordered online from Cabelas and the ammo is on it's way with no issues so far. Fingers crossed.

you should be just fine. i order ammo all the time and it gets dropped right on my doorstep.. wall aworld is exactly how you put, retarded. hey if they dont want your money. so be it.im pretty sure even tho it might cost a few more bucks i'll be buying my ammo online or at the LGS

007BondJamesBond007 02-21-2012 09:01 PM

Move to a free State were you don't need a sticking permit.

orangello 02-21-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007 (Post 716180)
Move to a free State were you don't need a sticking permit.

I think they are OK on sticks and knives, 007; it's the firearms that are over regulated. ;)

bkt 02-21-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 716205)
I think they are OK on sticks and knives, 007; it's the firearms that are over regulated. ;)

No, we need permits to own sticks, too. It's a harsh state....

TheNYResistance 02-22-2012 01:08 AM

Thanks for the support guys. Funny story, today I went back to Wally world for an emergency outlet plate and thought I'd go to sporting goods and get lucky enough to get a different guy. Perhaps I would get a different answer, no such luck, same dude.

I did see a victorinox spartan I liked and asked the guy to UNLOCK the dangerous instrument for me.

As soon as I said, can I, he said "no" probably thought I was back for ammo, but he listened again, remember, he is mentally off, I let it slide.

So I tell him what I want. He nicely goes, unlocks it, and says, "let me walk you to the cashier with this" a tiny pocket knife people. The cashier takes it, the machine asks, 18 or older? Sadly, she didn't card me, and I was off with my dangerous weapon which includes a corkscrew, ****ing NYS,

jjfuller1 02-22-2012 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkt (Post 716154)
Dick's Sporting Goods and Gander Mountain - both near me - don't ask for a handgun license to buy ammo. I'm pretty sure Bass Pro Shop doesn't, either. (A few exits away on the Thruway...haven't been there, yet.)

Wally World isn't worth much these days. The only thing made in America is ammo and you need to beg to get it. Screw 'em.

If the places mentioned above aren't near you, buy online like you did. You shouldn't have any problems.

so bkt, do you go to the gander mt. near market place mall? my best friend works behind the gun counter there

vincent 02-22-2012 01:46 AM

NYR...I just can't wrap my little pea brain around that, for .22lr, or any ammo for that matter, to refuse to sell to you...is just...well, you know. I mean, around here you can't swing a dead cat around by the tail...(sorry 'Gello) without hitting 10 places dying to unload stock. Just so sorry you guys have to deal with this stuff....:mad: Always a place in Dixie for ya!!! :cool:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:48 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.