Online ammunition purchase transfers? (NYS)
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > Online ammunition purchase transfers? (NYS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1910 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1455

Default Online ammunition purchase transfers? (NYS)

Have any of you guys found LGS/FFLs willing to ‘transfer’ your online ammunition purchases to you? How much are you being charged?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #2

Liked 552 Times on 373 Posts

I guess I've been in the world works too long you have to go through an FFL to get ammo what

EZ

Old 01-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #3

Liked 1910 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
I guess I've been in the world works too long you have to go through an FFL to get ammo what

EZ
From NYFirearms: "Ammo purchasing will no longer be allowed online and background checks will need to be performed for ammo purchases. There are a number of lawsuits in process and until everything is sorted out to completion, we will not begin to try to sort all of it out."

Added to this is that the NYSP don't have a system in place to handle all the checks, online or not. FYI:

From WNYF;

State Not Ready For NY SAFE Act Ammunition Law Story Published: Jan 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM EST

The state is far from locked and loaded when it comes to the newest New York SAFE Act regulation set to take effect.

On January 15, ammunition dealers were supposed to start checking the backgrounds of every person who buys ammunition, but state police say they simply haven't finished the database needed to do that.

That has many questioning the gun law again.

"This is another example of how Albany can legislate a government-run program without knowing if they have the technology in place to do it," said state Assemblyman Ken Blankenbush (R. - 117th District).

State police wouldn't comment, but directed us to a letter from the state police superintendent.

It only says the "state database is under construction."

Assemblywoman Addie Russell, who voted for the SAFE Act, says it's good they're taking their time.

"I would much rather have a system done right instead of trying to force something into a deadline," said Russell.

Opponents say this will be a lot of work for everyone involved because every time you buy a box of ammunition, a background check will have to be done.

"Criminals, by their very nature, don't go through a lot of ammunition in their illegal career. It's the sportsmen who will be hassled beyond belief. I'm a trap shooter and I'll shoot thousands of rounds every summer, and for me to have to do background checks is ridiculous," said Patrick Morse, North Country Friends of the Second Amendment.

State police told us they're working on the database, but couldn't tell us when they expect to finish it.

They could only say they would let ammunition sellers know ahead of time.

Last edited by Vincine; 01-23-2014 at 07:52 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #4

Another stupid law I'm glad I reload I guess

EZ

Old 01-23-2014, 08:26 PM   #5

The state of California try past the same law at the beginning of the year our governor said it was unconstitutional so hopefully that rubs off and makes the New York law unconstitutional also.
Sorry but yeah I'm in California I deal with the same BS here

EZ

Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #6

Liked 574 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Why don't they just write laws against murder, rape and robbery? That would take care of all the issues. What a novel idea - huh?

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!