NYS pistol question - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > NYS pistol question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 AM   #11
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6340 Times on 3168 Posts
Likes Given: 6830

Like Dog said, NY counties vary but most dont tell you exactly how you must secure it, they just strongly urge that you should. Too many PU Trucks and others to require any one method and upstate is pro gun. The real danger is posed by your perceived lack of doing so if something goes wrong and someone gets hurt or killed by it even if you were in the courthouse unarmed when it happened. Just sign your house, cars and retirements over cause you will be sued to extinction!

City laws can be much different so you better check if your Packing Downstate. Even Syracuse is writing its own laws now, thats ridiculous...

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #12

Liked 1039 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 681

I cannot figure out why the Federal Govt. will not simply clearly state a law(s), and decree that it is the one final answer for ALL the states, period. One Fed CCP, and you're good to go. Any state or locality that has a problem with it would have to petition the Federal Govt. for an exception. It would be so much simpler.....

Old 02-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #13

Liked 1789 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
I cannot figure out why the Federal Govt. will not simply clearly state a law(s), and decree that it is the one final answer for ALL the states, period. One Fed CCP, and you're good to go. Any state or locality that has a problem with it would have to petition the Federal Govt. for an exception. It would be so much simpler.....
You would give the Federal government that degree of control?
People Like This 
Old 02-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #14

What control? The default in my scenario would be freer that what we currently have. Think of it this way: I can take my NH driver's license, and drive in all 50 states. Why not the same thing for guns?

Of course, in my scenario, the govt. is NOT taking the opportunity to remake those laws into something more strict.....

Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #15

Quote:
. . . .Of course, in my scenario, the govt. is NOT taking the opportunity to remake those laws into something more strict.....
This was my point.

Old 02-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #16

I think if the govt. just took what was already there, for the most part and standardized it, it would work. Majority rules. But I see what you're saying.

Just out of curiosity, How does drivers liscences happen to work out that all of the 50 states more or less have the same requirements to drive a car and recognize each others liscences?

Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1151 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
I think if the govt. just took what was already there, for the most part and standardized it, it would work. Majority rules. But I see what you're saying.

Just out of curiosity, How does drivers liscences happen to work out that all of the 50 states more or less have the same requirements to drive a car and recognize each others liscences?
maybe because they are all registered, insured and easy to CONTROL?
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #18

Quote:
. . Just out of curiosity, How does drivers liscences happen to work out that all of the 50 states more or less have the same requirements to drive a car and recognize each others liscences?
I think it probably has to do with following DOT standards in order to receive federal funds.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #19
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6340 Times on 3168 Posts
Likes Given: 6830

We definitely do have law stated clearly in the BORs, Not to be infringed is pretty solid, regulation beyond that is foolery. So many folks give up parts because of the "Theater Clause", "You cant shout Fire in a theater"! Actually, the act itself of shouting "Fire" in a crowd or possessing a firearm is not in itself a punishable crime by the Law of the land. If you dont take someones BORS away doing either, youve done no harm by either.

Back on topic, check your local laws and act responsibly with your weapons and nobody should give a rats ass otherwise!

Old 04-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I was taught that when you have to enter a building and I do think it s a law,but I cannot direct you to where to find it. But it is said that if you have to seperate yourself from your weapon, you must lock it in a gun box and place it in the trunk. In fact that was on a law enforcement exams. Hopes this helps some

XD40man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
ive been searching and cant find any thing. any links you guys have?

the question:
NYS is a CCW state. i have my permit. i cant find anything about a pistol left in a vehicle.
say if i was carrying and had to enter a bank, or federal building. i would want to leave my gear behind. but i cant find any laws pertaining to or regarding this issue.

do you know?