NY act next step---REGISTRATION - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Events and Meetups > State Forums > New York Gun Forum > NY act next step---REGISTRATION

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
There are no fences on the state lines, people can choose where they live. The people of a state have the right to govern themselves the way they see fit. If the citizens of New York, New Jersey, California, and the others want to experiment with Utopian, gun-free societies, so be it. We shall see how it works out for them.

I am happy to not have to participate in it.....Southerner by the grace of God.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 499 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 230

Quote:
There are no fences on the state lines, people can choose where they live. The people of a state have the right to govern themselves the way they see fit. If the citizens of New York, New Jersey, California, and the others want to experiment with Utopian, gun-free societies, so be it. We shall see how it works out for them.

Sorry, but thank GOD we all live in a Constitutional Republic and not a democracy. A democracy can be as evil as a dictatorship. The politicians of each state still must follow what the Constitution dictates regardless what their so called constituents dictate. The laws that were recently passed in the dead of night without public debate used as a model Obamacare and forced down our throats the most anti 2nd Amendment crap we've ever experienced without even being read. This can suddenly happen anywhere including the south and west and currently is. Our politicians had better realize that the 2nd Amendment is part of the Constitution and will be here to stay, whether it's voluntarily, or by force.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 04-21-2013 at 12:32 AM.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #23
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2220

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
I agree with TWW. The question of bearing arms does not fall to the States. As written 2A declares itself to be a license to bear arms. Period. The States may need to create systems by which they can ensure that felons, mentally incompetent, etc. do not have easy access to guns. But the States do NOT (in my opinion) have the right to pass laws making it illegal for law abiding citizens to bear arms outside their homes.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #24
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1606 Times on 985 Posts
Likes Given: 8495

Quote:
Originally Posted by culdee View Post
we were told this past week that the ban has not been lifted only that Cuomo said it was, the legislation stays the same unless new legislation is passed. This was from the sheriffs dept so if you have seen other wise please post a link or something. thanks
Culdee, Look in the magazine section of this page. The sale of magazines that hold more than 7 rounds and a maximum of 10 rounds. You can still buy 10 rounders, you just aren't allowed to load more that 7 rounds unless you are at a range or a competition. here's the link:

http://www.governor.ny.gov/nysafeact/gun-owners

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:32 AM   #25

Liked 37 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
There are no fences on the state lines, people can choose where they live.
That will be next. Something like the Berlin wall days with New Yorkers finding clever ways to modify their cars to sneak people out of the state.
SCOPE Memeber

Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARFAB View Post
That will be next. Something like the Berlin wall days with New Yorkers finding clever ways to modify their cars to sneak people out of the state.
Might be easier to modify their guns. As per the UN-SAFE act, a detachable magazine is one of the requirements. I am working on a way to attach a 5 or 10 rounder "permanently" to my Mini 14 (government barreled) as we speak. Already have some plans drawn up, goimg to talk to a local machinist on Monday.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #27

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75

Might be easier to modify their guns. As per the UN-SAFE act, a detachable magazine is one of the requirements. I am working on a way to attach a 5 or 10 rounder "permanently" to my Mini 14 (government barreled) as we speak. Already have some plans drawn up, goimg to talk to a local machinist on Monday.
Look up on a fab 10 lower... I want to find one cheap cuz no one wants it just so I can go to the range with a flash hider, threaded barrel, bayonet, and collapsible stock and no one can say crap about it..

I got a q... Does a stripper clip count as a mag? One of my friends said I had to pull 3 rds off all my clips.. I don't think they are considered an actually magazine.. What u guys think?

Old 04-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1

Look up on a fab 10 lower... I want to find one cheap cuz no one wants it just so I can go to the range with a flash hider, threaded barrel, bayonet, and collapsible stock and no one can say crap about it..

I got a q... Does a stripper clip count as a mag? One of my friends said I had to pull 3 rds off all my clips.. I don't think they are considered an actually magazine.. What u guys think?
Like the m1 garand it's a clip but is not considered a magazine it's an internal magazine same with the mosin nagant that only holds five rounds.... But theirs an internal mag which doesn't fall under the "detachable" ban

Old 04-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post

I think that will depend on the LEO who sees it. If they are a gun guy, probably no problem. If not, watch your azz. It's kinda open to interpretation.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #30

Liked 22 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1GARANDBING View Post
Like the m1 garand it's a clip but is not considered a magazine it's an internal magazine same with the mosin nagant that only holds five rounds.... But theirs an internal mag which doesn't fall under the "detachable" ban
A stripper clip is not a magazine. It's a magazine loading device. You cannot feed rounds from a stripper clip. Now, a Garand en-block is a different story, because the rounds are fed into the chamber from the en-block. This one is a very grey area and I would say that SAFE rules apply.

Hopefully this nightmare will go away soon and we won't have to worry about semantics.